The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Hendry

Oh, I'm not giving in.  I'm a Cumbrian by birth - stubborn as a mule and tight as a duck's back end.  And fairly familiar with consumer law (and where to find out what I don't know), having gone several rounds up against Currys' on one occasion (I won that one too, in the small claims court).
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Phil Hendry

Looks as though I may have succeeded...  The seller sent me another message to say that they're sending me the correct item, and letting me keep the incorrect one, rather than pay to send it back.  My inclination is to see what the post brings in a day or two before celebrating though!

Mustermark

Good result Phil.  And maybe you can sell the wrong one one eBay - make up for your time and inconvenience.

Funny that, I won against Curry's too.  Had to threaten small claims court and then they caved in and gave me my refund on faulty goods.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EddieA

Quote from: Mustermark on April 26, 2013, 03:22:31 PM
Good result Phil.  And maybe you can sell the wrong one one eBay - make up for your time and inconvenience.

Funny that, I won against Curry's too.  Had to threaten small claims court and then they caved in and gave me my refund on faulty goods.

Trading Standards is another good avenue to go down against retailers (not sure how it would work on Fleabay against private sales).
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Phil Hendry

Quote from: EddieA on April 27, 2013, 06:21:02 PMTrading Standards is another good avenue to go down against retailers (not sure how it would work on Fleabay against private sales).
Trading Standards were completely useless when I was scrapping with Currys. 

Private auction  sales on Fleabay are virtually unregulatable - it really is a case of caveat emptor (buyer beware).  You're slightly (but only slightly) better off  with auctions run by businesses.  You're only fully protected by the distance selling regs on Fleabay if you buy from a retailer via 'Buy it Now'.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Phil Hendry on April 27, 2013, 08:02:44 PM
You're slightly (but only slightly) better off  with auctions run by businesses. 

Not clear that it is any weaker than Buy It Now!. Contrary to ebay's public jargon the 'auction' sales on Ebay are not auctions as they are time limited. In fact they rely on them not being auctions as otherwise they would need an auctioneer etc !

Private sales are very much buyer beware and all the usual business protections don't apply. It's up to you to go beat them up via small claims.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Just went to print out some brick paper and tile sheets and my colour ink cartridge has just run out. :veryangry:

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

jonclox

:veryangry: Yet another chest infection kicks in gets me gasping for air 24/7 :veryangry:
Nice GP comes to see me following a phone call from my wife.
Now on pretty green anti diabolics again and can see pretty flashing colours as I fly in my sleep  :hmmm:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Oldman

Quote from: jonclox on May 07, 2013, 08:50:47 PMcan see pretty flashing colours as I fly in my sleep  :hmmm:

They are the landing lights :D
Know what you mean John, just gone to put in a repeat prescription online and discovered have to go and see them to get it re-authorized. Phone call in the morning as the only available slot was when I shall be at the opticians  8 miles away.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Oldman

Looks like reading, modeling on hold till I get my new glasses.
Managing to concentrate for a max of 30 minutes before I have to rest the eyes.

Skyline2uk

:veryangry:

Sitting next to Beloved who has been on hold (after being cut off twice) with HMRC refunds line for 30 mins as she is owed a substantial amount of Tax back. The automated robot keeps directing us to a website which says "call this number".

They are SO quick to take the money from you but getting it back is like blood from a stone.....

:veryangry:

Skyline2uk

scotsoft

Quote from: Oldman on May 09, 2013, 02:40:02 PM
Looks like reading, modeling on hold till I get my new glasses.
Managing to concentrate for a max of 30 minutes before I have to rest the eyes.

If you know what your prescription is for your eyes and both eyes need roughly the same magnification, the £1 shop do a range of reading specs usually up to +3.5.

cheers John.

Oldman

Cheers John,
I have looked at £1 shop glasses but unfortunately they are not to  my Prescription. :(

I have a pair of the ones closest to my prescription but they are not good enough .
On the higher strengths they go up in 0.5 strengths I need the one in the middle, shame they don't do the higher strength in 0.25 increments. :headbutt:

Oldman

Just got back from collecting my latest prescription from our late night chemist (I forgot earlier). :goggleeyes:
Now got:
3 inhalers - 2 x steroid based.
1 oral gloop to be taken to cure the infection caused by the steroids.
1 eye drops  for an eye infection. I hate eye drops!

So far that is it for this month.

Am I slowly falling apart ??? ???

Leo1961

Quote from: Oldman on May 10, 2013, 10:11:53 PM

Am I slowly falling apart ??? ???

Not so slowly by the sound of things  :laugh:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations