The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew-peter

Ebay seems to be messing me about, (and the seller).
I won a dapol autocoach on saturday and after paying, it said the usual paid for, however yesterday, when I checked to see if it had been dispatched ebay told me it wasnt paid for. Ive checked paypal and that says payment sent and the money has left my account. so i have messaged the seller and still no reply (wont rush to complain just yet) but he is a good seller with 100% positive feedback over 400+ sales so I dont understand what may be going on.

Rant over anywho haha
OK who took my cake?

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: upnick on March 19, 2013, 06:53:57 PM
Hi  Peter,   

You  could always place a wanted  advert  here on the forum  for  the coaches your looking for never know  someone might  fancy a change &  be prepared  to sell them at  realistic money   :thumbsup:

I have decided my best option is to purchase new items, that way at the very least I KNOW their history!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

upnick

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 21, 2013, 09:23:17 PM
Quote from: upnick on March 19, 2013, 06:53:57 PM
Hi  Peter,   

You  could always place a wanted  advert  here on the forum  for  the coaches your looking for never know  someone might  fancy a change &  be prepared  to sell them at  realistic money   :thumbsup:

I have decided my best option is to purchase new items, that way at the very least I KNOW their history!

Regards Peter.

True  Peter  shop  around for a  good price try Hattons they  seem  to do good deals 

Skyline2uk

:veryangry:

My Farish 66 is out of service again. This is rapidly becoming my dog of the fleet, not sure if its worth sending back to Bob for its 4th repair. Seems to be a split gear again, but how much of a pain is it to get inside and check?
What would be a sensible asking price for it if I decided to give in? 66135 in EWS? Cosmetics perfect but with the aforementioned running issue?
Gah!

Skyline2uk

66135 is back in service  :claphappy:

See "Happy Thread"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=670.0

Or "Filton TMD" thread for further detail

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4129.135

Skyline2uk

Bikeracer

For a little while now when I start a game on my Xbox I've been getting a message to say I need to download an update for Xbox live.

Considering I don't play on line I've been declining this update,then I sign in as normal and get the message again and decline again.
Then I click to start the game and it starts to load and I get the message again and yet again I decline and the game starts.
That's three times I've had to decline the download before I can play.

I finally got fed up today and did the download....now for security reasons I need my password,of course I don't know it and the email address it shows is no longer used anyway.

A message is displayed with a web site to go to if I've forgotten the password,okay over to the PC and boot it up and put the web address in Google.....then I get a page of links and I have no idea which one to go to,in typical Microsoft fashion I'm required to go all round the houses to get to my destination.

Next.....give up.

Back to the Xbox and I find I can play the game but all the previous saved game is gone,okay I'll start a new game I think and proceed to do that.
Needing to save the game after a while I now find that because I'm not connected to Xbox live not only can I not play a saved game,but I can't save it now anyway.

So Microsoft have now decided that they will control whether I can play a game and save it on the Xbox.

Sod this for a game of soldiers I thought and went and part chopped the Xbox in for a PS3,so no more Microsoft deciding what I can do with the things I buy.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Geoff

Just heard the letter box go on the door and the postman as put about 12 advertisement posts through my letter box none with my name on, there should be a law against this  :veryangry:

Straight in the recycling bin...
Geoff

thebrighton

Greetings,
Posties can only deliver 6 items per household a week which is an agreement with the union. If you did receive 12 your postie is moonlighting or perhaps snow stopped last weeks mail! I don't like delivering them as they don't half weigh your pouches down but like it or not the income they generate is a massive portion of RM profits and they subsidise your 1st and 2nd class stamps. Although annoying it obviously works as a marketing tool as RM have to turn business away due to the 6 item rule. As mentioned in the previous post you can opt out bit there is no point. RM have to provide the addresses of those that opt out so the companies will just stick you address on their mail and send it to you or get someone else to stick it through your door as you can only opt out from RM. If you want a daily delivery service it is a cross we all have to bare.
Gareth

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Geoff on March 25, 2013, 12:27:23 PM
Just heard the letter box go on the door and the postman as put about 12 advertisement posts through my letter box none with my name on, there should be a law against this  :veryangry:

IMHO there is one. It's called fly tipping. However as usual in the UK the law only applies to powerful bodies after they get caught doing something publically horrendous.

You can sign up for their "no junk" thing but it should not be necessary. I used to just put them back in the post box for a while  :D

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

zwilnik

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 25, 2013, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: Geoff on March 25, 2013, 12:27:23 PM

IMHO there is one. It's called fly tipping. However as usual in the UK the law only applies to powerful bodies after they get caught doing something publically horrendous.

You can sign up for their "no junk" thing but it should not be necessary. I used to just put them back in the post box for a while  :D

Alan

The no junk mail (or opting out from unaddressed mail as they call it) can take a couple of calls to Royal Mail to ensure it's activated as it involves a tag being put on your post box at the sorting office and reminding them not to put any junk mail in it. (usually takes a couple of goes at least). I think it's deliberately awkward/annoying as RM doesn't make a profit on post, but does on being a spammer.

When all else fails, the above solution of dropping it in the post box eventually does the trick. Especially when stamped with "Person not known at this address" ;)

Geoff

Gareth I am totally lost for words, the post office needs this type of mail to subsidise our postal system, you have me gob smacked, my post comes now at all different hours of the day, you could once set your watch what time the post would come through the door and that was before 7am every morning, you use to know the postman by first name terms and got on with them very well, all your post was addressed to you and you never got any spam mail as to call it, I do not critasise the post because I know the times are changing but the poor post men who have to carry a load of junk like yourself for every house in the street must be jolly hard work, they call this progress I call it more junk for our bins in which our bin men are slowing down bin collections, its just a massive merry go round where we the householder will lose out, by the way is it still called Royal Mail if so does the Queen get this junk mail?

All the best Gareth I am not getting at you.
Geoff

AndyGif

i used to play cards with a few ex postmen, and they told me its upto the individual postman if they want to carry the junk mail, but they get a bonus if they do....

EtchedPixels

Quote from: thebrighton on March 25, 2013, 02:45:10 PM
As mentioned in the previous post you can opt out bit there is no point.

Since I opted out I get almost no junk - there is definitely a point. Also the RM don't supply the opt out data to third parties by default - indeed they would almost certainly be committing an offence if they did so. Our local wander around putting junk through the door people also leave us alone since they got a letter explaining what would happen to them if they did it again.

As to funding the mail - it seems the prices go up *AGAIN* on the 2nd April and the compensation cover for some stuff halves. Not the posties fault I'm sure, it's not as if they seem to be having large pay rises, just their bosses.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Leo1961

And some of us are old enough to remember when you got three deliveries per day, but only two deliveries on Christmas Day  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations