The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 11, 2013, 03:11:01 PM

Grrr, Grrr, gnashing of teeth!

Regards Peter.

If I recall your previous posts correctly, that'll be another trip to the dentist then!

:-X before  :D  :laugh3:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 11, 2013, 03:41:06 PM
I don't know if you can do it these days but using them to buy vouchers for other people ? I spend mine on train books now and then but mostly on household stuff (it's the easiest way to get really good low-energy lightbulbs - 35W+ ones that actually are really *bright* - in fact so bright half the reviews are about how well the reviewers 'plants' grew  ::) )

Thankyou for the thought, as it is I have ordered one of those Tomix N Gauge track cleaners direct from Japan, it will take 3 weeks delivery but since I have no track laid, as yet, it will be ready when I have!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Kipper

Took dog out this morning for walkies, and saw that some scrote has stolen a concrete planter that has stood outside the house for 6 years. It would have needed two to carry it as it was big and heavy, plus full of soil. Hope they both got hernias! Cops notified and been round with crime number, but reckon it is gone. Might be worth looking at the local boot fairs on Sunday (instead of Nottingham Train Show!!!), but more likely gone to reclamation yard as they might think it is solid stone and antique, which it isn't. Needless to say, the guard dog slept though it all!

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
As you are aware I have constructed a baseboard that can be lifted flat against the wall to utilise the space underneath as and when required.

I have recently spent somewhere around 12 hours laying track and all that entails and I ensured that a wagon would negotiate the curves and straights without any difficulty!

Great stuff!

Early this morning I received a telephone call from a potential customer to view my products.

Went out to showroom this morning, grabbed the baseboard and with a heave lifted it up.....................

Crash, rip, +_)*&^%$£"!  (Or words to that effect)

I had forgotten to cut the track where it crossed the gap between the lifting section and the fixed and ripped up several yards of trackwork!

----------------------------------------------------------------"---------------------------------------------------------

After a soothing cup of coffee and a browse on the internet I felt calm enough to meet my potential customer.

He never showed his car broke down outside Oxford!!!!!

Needless to say I have spent my afternoon chucking the bent trackwork and starting afresh, only this time I WILL REMEMBER to cut the trackwork!

Regards Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

scotsoft

At least you did not do it in front of your customer and it is never good to hear when these things happen but I would bet you will not do that again.

I hope it does not set you back by too much and you can get back to where you were before that fateful moment.

cheers John.

Caz

I know how you feel Peter, I did similar after doing my hillside scenery, for the road surface I used card painted black and to avoid too many joins did it in one piece going over the join between 2 boards thinking that once dry I could slide a knife between the boards and make a cut to separate the 2 boards.  Completely forgot about the cut and so when I tried to take the 2 boards apart ripped the road surface to shreads.   :'(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 15, 2013, 06:37:14 PM
At least you did not do it in front of your customer and it is never good to hear when these things happen but I would bet you will not do that again.

I hope it does not set you back by too much and you can get back to where you were before that fateful moment.

cheers John.

Thankyou, John.

It does mean that I shall be at least (4) lengths of flexitrack and some (9) feet of that Gaugemaster underlay down, so I will have to check the bank balance later!

I only wish I had made a sale it would have put some plaster on the sore bits!

Regards Peter.

EtchedPixels

Its perhaps a good moment to mention another small tip. When you lay the track to the board edges don't just cut at the edges, make the last 3" or so before it a seperate piece of track too. That way if you ever catch the edge with something (which sods law says will eventually happen) all you have to relay is a short section.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 15, 2013, 07:05:20 PM
Its perhaps a good moment to mention another small tip. When you lay the track to the board edges don't just cut at the edges, make the last 3" or so before it a seperate piece of track too. That way if you ever catch the edge with something (which sods law says will eventually happen) all you have to relay is a short section.

Alan

Brilliant thought, thankyou!

Regards Peter.

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
Not so much anger as just frustration!

I have been bidding on items on Ebay to acquire the carriages that would make up my own version of the "Orient Express" or at least as I would like to see!!!

I have set myself monetary bidding limits, because I have to, and on every single time I am gazumped by an automatic bidder in the last minute or seconds!

I think I will have to scour some shops where they have second-hand items or even save and buy new!!!

Regards Peter.

scotsoft

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 19, 2013, 05:46:41 PM
Friends,

I have been bidding on items on Ebay to acquire the carriages that would make up my own version of the "Orient Express" or at least as I would like to see!!!

I have set myself monetary bidding limits, because I have to, and on every single time I am gazumped by an automatic bidder in the last minute or seconds!

I think I will have to scour some shops where they have second-hand items or even save and buy new!!!

Regards Peter.

Hello Peter,

One thing I have found using eBay is when you are after a particular thing, the rest of the world seems to want it as well.  Buying on eBay requires much patience if you want things at the price you can afford.  I have tried for months before being successful.

Have you set up a "Search" for the carriages you are after?
If you do that you can save that search and the site will send you a daily email if any of your carriages come up for auction.  This way you are maximising your chances by seeing every auction that is added.

cheers John.

Pengi

John is absolutely right. A couple of times now, items that I've been watching have gone for loads more than I was prepared to pay and then a few weeks later, similar items come up again and I've been able to get a bargain.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 19, 2013, 06:04:15 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 19, 2013, 05:46:41 PM
Friends,

Regards Peter.

Hello Peter,

One thing I have found using eBay is when you are after a particular thing, the rest of the world seems to want it as well.  Buying on eBay requires much patience if you want things at the price you can afford.  I have tried for months before being successful.

Have you set up a "Search" for the carriages you are after?
If you do that you can save that search and the site will send you a daily email if any of your carriages come up for auction.  This way you are maximising your chances by seeing every auction that is added.

cheers John.

Thankyou John, I wasn't aware that I could do that!

Thankyou.

Regards Peter.

upnick

Hi  Peter,   

You  could always place a wanted  advert  here on the forum  for  the coaches your looking for never know  someone might  fancy a change &  be prepared  to sell them at  realistic money   :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations