Next page button

Started by Rob H, June 10, 2012, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

Hi Tank,
Can you tell me where the new button is please cos no one seems to be able to find it,

Cheers,

Rob
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

MacRat

In "Show unread posts since last visit" there is _no_ button:

recent_posts von MacRat2009 auf Flickr

Within a multipage topic there are two new buttons, small, but they are there (at least on a Mac with Safari):

inside_topic von MacRat2009 auf Flickr

Tank

Many thanks MacRat.

If members wish to have bigger buttons, or the actual words previous/next, then let me know.

Rob H

I thought they'd always been there. Without wishing to drag this topic out I personally would like to see "proper buttons" - next and previous please,

Rob
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Illori

you should see the words now.

REGP

That's great it makes it much easier for me when using a touch screen, thanks.

Rob H

Many thanks to all concerned - that makes it so much easier !!

Cheers,

Rob.

BobB

When using a device like a PC, notebook or netbook, all of which have a mouse; I didn't and don't have a problem. I don't know about a 'phone but using a tablet is near impossible to navigate. I find it's not only the page numbers (or the new next page) but selecting read the posts since my last visit is difficult (to close to the option below).

I would like to see a bit more space around all of the buttons because I refuse to put my finger into the pencil sharpener.

Illori

it sounds like ideally a mobile theme should be installed and used for those on mobile devices. we cant tweak things for every mobile user that has issues here and there on this theme. for now i would suggest http://smf-media.com/smf4mobile/ as a mobile theme. most likely many functions of this forum [mods] would not work with that theme but i may be able to look into tweaking things to add a few of the mods to work with it but up to tank at this point.

Mustermark

Quote from: BobB on June 16, 2012, 05:27:02 AM
When using a device like a PC, notebook or netbook, all of which have a mouse; I didn't and don't have a problem. I don't know about a 'phone but using a tablet is near impossible to navigate. I find it's not only the page numbers (or the new next page) but selecting read the posts since my last visit is difficult (to close to the option below).

I would like to see a bit more space around all of the buttons because I refuse to put my finger into the pencil sharpener.

I think Illori is right that we would need a mobile theme to make phone users happy. I don't think we can optimize the screen of the main website for use on a phone.  All i do on my phone is zoom before i select. But i think a mobile app is the way to go for us to use on phones.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

mr magnolia

I've mentioned tapatalk previously, but you do have to pay for it. (About £2 for a user, don't know if websites have to pay.)
Works well on the cycling forum that I also inhabit via this android phone.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations