Next page button

Started by Rob H, June 10, 2012, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

In posts where there are more than one page would it be possible to have a "next page" button ?. On here we have next and previous buttons but this refers to posts and not pages.
Currently we have the page numbers displayed but I suspect I am not alone in using the forum on my iPhone or iPad and it's really fiddly because the numbers are so small.
Just a thought !!

Rob
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

scotsoft

Quote from: robmag on June 10, 2012, 01:41:53 PM
In posts where there are more than one page would it be possible to have a "next page" button ?. On here we have next and previous buttons but this refers to posts and not pages.
Currently we have the page numbers displayed but I suspect I am not alone in using the forum on my iPhone or iPad and it's really fiddly because the numbers are so small.
Just a thought !!

Rob

Have you tried the arrow keys on the keyboard on your phone?
I have just asked this question and the arrow keys are working for me Rob  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

moogle

Don't need new buttons, perhaps make what's there already bigger maybe?
More buttons just clogs up the screen!  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Rob H

Quote from: moogle on June 10, 2012, 01:47:42 PM

Hardly think one more button is going to make alot of difference !!
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Rob H

Hi John,
I'd read your post regarding pics which prompted my post - unfortunately the iPhone & iPad don't have forward and previous buttons !

Rob

moogle

Quote from: robmag on June 10, 2012, 01:50:38 PM
Quote from: moogle on June 10, 2012, 01:47:42 PM

Hardly think one more button is going to make alot of difference !!

Probably not, though I suppose that depends on the size of your screen...  ;)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

scotsoft

Quote from: robmag on June 10, 2012, 01:53:55 PM
Hi John,
I'd read your post regarding pics which prompted my post - unfortunately the iPhone & iPad don't have forward and previous buttons !

Rob

Hi Rob,

I just tried doing it on my HTC Desire HD and I agree the buttons are tricky to hit, it took me three attempts to hit the play button.

I did find it easier when I enlarged the picture to fit the screen, I managed to hit the play button first time then  :thumbsup:

I apologise for mentioning the arrow keys - brain dead moment  :sleep:

cheers John.

Rob H

To stop the pages getting clogged up perhaps changing the page up and page down buttons, which I bet are hardly used, would solve the problem,

Rob

Tank

I use the forum on my iphone a lot myself.  Have you tried double-tapping the screen on the area where the buttons are?  It makes the screen zoom right in on the numbers.

mr magnolia

Yeahbut, the number of 'doh' moments as I remember that 'next' doesn't take you to the next page, makes the original suggestion worth while!

Tank

Illori has now made some changes, so that there is now a button to click on if there are multiple pages in a thread. :thumbsup:

scotsoft

I put my hand up, I cannot see this button anywhere?

Please tell me I cannot see it for looking at it  ???

Pengi

Quote from: scotsoft on June 15, 2012, 07:18:18 PM
I put my hand up, I cannot see this button anywhere?

Please tell me I cannot see it for looking at it  ???

Neither can I and i have checked on other topics where there are pages of posts.

I think the next page button is a good idea
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tank

Really?  ???

Just go to a post with multiple pages, and you'll see the << 1 2 3 4 >> buttons.

scotsoft

They have always been there  ???

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations