Classifieds - New Features

Started by guest2, September 26, 2013, 07:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Dear all,

The Classifieds has finally been updated with some of the features that I have been asking for.  They include:-
* A relist function if your item doesn't sell.
* Quantities.

Other improvements that I'd like to include are:-
* To have a 'watching' facility, so you can be reminded of items that you'd like to keep an eye on.
* Separate the 'Wants' and 'Sales' from each other in the Recently Listed window.
* Photographs to be mandatory before proceeding with the listing.
* Items to be displayed randomly on the forum to help promote the listings.

Dr Al

The classifieds are now throwing up errors when I try to list. In particular:

"Your listing requires approval. Once approved your listing will become visible and will then be able to add pictures."

after trying to list.

Thanks,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Tank

Please list the errors and where they appear.

That last sentence should really say "....and then you will be able to add multiple pictures".

Dr Al

Quote from: Tank on September 28, 2013, 10:42:49 PM
That last sentence should really say "....and then you will be able to add multiple pictures".

I copied and pasted exactly the message I got after clicking to list the items.

It seems to have listed the items fine, so a spurious message? I got it for both items I listed...

Regards,
Alan

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Tank

It's just an informative message from the software saying that we have to allow the listing(s) before they appear.  I thought that the last version did the same, but I guess now.

Dr Al

Yes, an informative message is good - I guess the text may just not be right as it said there was an error above the text I copied/pasted.

Best Regards,
Alan

Tank

Ah, yes!!!  :doh: That was what happened with the previous versions and we changed "An error occurred" to stop confusion - as there is no actual error!

:thankyousign:

Dorsetmike

Might I suggest it could be difficult to include a photo in a wanted ad, you may be able to do so if you already have an item to take a photo of, but most times you will not have a photo unless you can find a stock photo (which could be copyright.)

Photo definitely for sales though.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Tank

Thanks Mike.  That's just how we would like it to be.  Sales listings must have a picture, and Wanted listings are left to the member listing it to decide - as a picture may not be possible.

upnick

Despite  submitting  several   sales  on the forum  non  of them  have appeared,  i   did want to offer members  first chance at some items  i'm moving  on  following a rethink   on things here, oh  & they did  have all  pictures  which  i   had made sure were of  managable size for the forum system,

Some  have gone on to   Facebook  where several  have  purchased them  but i  would have liked  members to  have had the chance the remainder  so far  i've  listed on  ebay 

Tank

Did you submit these today, or these were in the past?

upnick

Quote from: Tank on September 29, 2013, 05:24:12 PM
Did you submit these today, or these were in the past?

Over the last week  Chris  ..........  started  not appearing   when   i   PM'd you 

Tank

The decoder listing?  We have to vet all of the listings before they go live, but you said that you'd sold it elsewhere before we approved it.  Is that not what happened? ???

upnick

Quote from: Tank on September 30, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
The decoder listing?  We have to vet all of the listings before they go live, but you said that you'd sold it elsewhere before we approved it.  Is that not what happened? ???

Yes it  is Chris  but  as i  thought it hadnt  been  approved i  sold   it on elsewhere.   

Tank

We'd contact you if there was a problem, don't worry. :thumbsup:  I guess everyone was busy on the team.  :)

Well, I'm just glad that there wasn't an error, as I thought that's what you meant. :laugh:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations