Bachmann Farish website

Started by Newportnobby, January 11, 2018, 11:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy L S

Quote from: Lindi on March 17, 2018, 02:29:43 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on March 17, 2018, 10:47:48 AM
So unless I am missing it, the 8F doesn't even make it onto the "TBA" list it is so far off. Maybe I'll ask for it as retirement present....

And the 'on order' list (whatever that means)

On Order   372-160       £159.95   LNER Class O6 (8F) 2-8-0 3506 LNER Black
On Order   372-161       £159.95   LMS Stanier Class 8F 2-8-0 8035 LMS Black
On Order   372-162       £159.95   LMS Stanier Class 8F 2-8-0 48608 BR Black Early Emblem
On Order   372-163DS   £249.95   LMS Stanier Class 8F 2-8-0 48773 BR Black Late Crest
On Order   379-424       £6.95   Standard 5 Traction Tyres (x10)

My guess is that roughly translated it means that in spite of being announced over 12 months ago it's not been started on yet.

Based on the stated delivery times of the Q Class announced at the same time and which is now at EP stage I'm thinking that even if work started tomorrow we quite possibly won't see the 8F model until 2020/21.

Roy

RailGooner

:hmmm: To me, 'On Order' sounds more definite than 'TBA'. So I'd put 'On Order' between 'Items with an ETA' and 'TBA' - i.e. between the previous two lists. Maybe 'On Order' means awaiting a confirmed production slot from the factory.

CarriageShed

Given the excessive price for the three SECR birdcage coaches, it's a good thing I'm only after one other item on those lists, the Class C Wainwright 0-6-0 loco. Apart from that I'm well satisfied with kit-making, hacks, and detailing.

Roy L S

Quote from: RailGooner on March 17, 2018, 04:07:59 PM
:hmmm: To me, 'On Order' sounds more definite than 'TBA'. So I'd put 'On Order' between 'Items with an ETA' and 'TBA' - i.e. between the previous two lists. Maybe 'On Order' means awaiting a confirmed production slot from the factory.

I don't think so. The 8F is certainly nowhere near production, if it were we would have seen an EP and we haven't even been shown CADs yet. I wish your interpretation was correct!

Regards

Roy

exmouthcraig

This is what really #×%@! me off with the supposed main manufacturers  :veryangry:

I get why revolutioN and other crowd funded manufacturers have to announce things so far in advance to gain interest and some much needed funds to kick start the project, problem with these 2 is they list everything they are going to deliver to us when they can be bothered.

What is the point in producing a 2018 catalogue when NOTHING new that's listed for 2018 will be delivered and in our hands till 2020?? The 2018 catalogue should showcase EVERYTHING I can treat myself too from any Farish / Dapol retailer not look at pictures of an OO model their going to downsize and send us in 4 years time  for 3 times the price they estimated when they first told us about it!

:censored: :censored: :veryangry:

Count to 10 and breathe  :sorrysign:

CarriageShed

That's a fair point. The 2018 catalogue should contain stock that's available in 2018. Remember the old days of the Farish (Poole) catalogue when you could pretty much get what was shown there...?

Roy L S

Quote from: CarriageShed on March 17, 2018, 05:43:20 PM
That's a fair point. The 2018 catalogue should contain stock that's available in 2018. Remember the old days of the Farish (Poole) catalogue when you could pretty much get what was shown there...?

Farish pre takeover prided themselves on maintaining availability across pretty much their entire range. They also rarely if ever announced a model until it was ready for release.

I thought Bachmann had said at the start of last year (could even be the year before) that in future they wouldn't be announcing models until much closer to release but it doesn't appear to be happening.

I have to agree that a 2018 catalogue should surely represent the range to be available in 2018 not models that haven't even started on the production journey? To be fair to Bachmann they are far from the only ones who do this and long delays between announcement and delivery isn't a new thing (think Ivatt for an especially long gestation).

I guess the one thing we can take comfort from in a way is that when the Farish products are delivered they are pretty darned good...

Roy

PLD

Quote from: Roy L S on March 17, 2018, 06:21:22 PM
Farish pre takeover prided themselves on maintaining availability across pretty much their entire range. They also rarely if ever announced a model until it was ready for release.
But on the other hand, apart from the cover pictures, farish catalogues were a 'Spot the Difference' competition...

We were very lucky if there was more than one new item that hadn't also been in the previous 10 years; you didn't even get new running numbers never mind new locos...

Roy L S

Quote from: PLD on March 17, 2018, 06:28:33 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on March 17, 2018, 06:21:22 PM
But on the other hand, apart from the cover pictures, farish catalogues were a 'Spot the Difference' competition...

We were very lucky if there was more than one new item that hadn't also been in the previous 10 years; you didn't even get new running numbers never mind new locos...

I don't think that's correct. There would typically be one new loco per year added to the range although I do agree with you that once released rarely were there new liveries or running numbers.

Roy

CarriageShed

But they did give us loads of lovely loco chassis to use for kit locos, or at least the chance to renumber and personalise locos. Given the prices of secondhand Poole stock on a particular auction site lately, we could certainly do with a fresh supplier of loco chassis.

Merrylee

My next treat was to be either the Network Rail 37 John Tilley or the DRS 37

(Or maybe both, but don't tell the missus)

(Due for release according to Hattons March 18.)   :confused2:

Now it looks like Aug 18 according to the release list from Bachman. Which will end up Oct 18.  >:(

How is a guy supposed to plan his future n gauge purchases. :-X

Ron

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations