Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Yay finally .. after about five years searching I've bought a Peco/Wills Avonside loco on the right chassis and in working order.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 02, 2012, 09:48:12 PM
Yay finally .. after about five years searching I've bought a Peco/Wills Avonside loco on the right chassis and in working order.

Please for you EP its great when you wait to get what you want rather than putting up with a substitute :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

zwilnik

After 8 years of putting up with barely useable 'broadband' speeds and crippling limits, I finally have full throttle unlimited broadband at home. It took 2 house moves to get it and it's just as we've stopped working from home and got ourselves an office, but I must have downloaded 20gb so far today :)

SymonC

Found an undated 20p coin and sent it off to the London Mint Office, just received a £100 cheque! :)

http://www.londonmintoffice.org/undated20p/

Money was well spent at Ally Pally!

Lawrence

A wee while back I was getting increasingly frustrated at my inability to suitably lubricate my Bachmann Spectrum Southern Pacific F7, beaut model in Black Widow paint scheme, but so noisy and the A and B units ran a different speeds.  Having stripped it down and cleaned an lubed it for the umpteenth time I gave up and phoned Bachmann in Pennsylvania.  I spoke to a guy called Joe and I explained that I had only bought it on a whim as I actually modelled B&O and despite all my efforts it just wouldn't run right.  He told me to send it to them and they would look at it for me, if it was faulty they would replace it.

Well I got a box with Bachmann Industries on the label today and I eagerly ripped the tape off (don't we all do that  ;D ) and immediately noticed it was a different shaped box to the one I sent.  That is when I very nearly had a "crisis"  :o :o
My F7 obviously was faulty and Joe obviously had a great memory because, as a replacement he had sent me a Bachmann Spectrum B&O Doodlebug and Trailer car set in the Olive & Black paint scheme with DCC on board I was gobsmacked, I really was like a seven year old again ;D, I have been after one of these for years but could never afford one, the RRP is around the $240 mark and I have seen them retail at about $160 on a good day.  What a result and what great service from Bachmann USA.

The only question is, as it has DCC on board can I still run it my DC layout  :-\

No hurry to reply as I am just going to sit a look at this for a while, it is a particularly stunning model.  I really can't believe my luck  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D wont be wiping them off my face for a while  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Back of the net! What a result, but come on, where are the pics (although it may be difficult transferring them from a Box Brownie :evil:)
As far as I know you'll require a blanking plug to run it on DC but I am sure there are people in the know who can give better advice.

Alex

Hi Lawrence,

Great news, absoloutely fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still waiting to hear about my 2-8-0 Consolidation I sent them In February. Maybe I should drop them an email.

Alex :wave:

Dock Shunter

Nice one Lawrence..... :thumbsup: :beers:
And nice one Bachmann USA.... :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on April 05, 2012, 05:04:25 PM
Back of the net! What a result, but come on, where are the pics (although it may be difficult transferring them from a Box Brownie :evil:)
As far as I know you'll require a blanking plug to run it on DC but I am sure there are people in the know who can give better advice.

If its being run with a plain standard DC controller (not a fancy feedback or pulse one) then it should work just fine, although if the decoder is set to not run on DC you'll need to ask a DCC user nicely to set any CVs needed.

Don't mix it with track cleaners or HF carriage lighting, it won't like that.

I'm also not sure you can just use blanking plates. You'd have to check if the model uses a socket like that - a lot of US doesn't.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Well done Bachmann and good for you Lawrence, the Doodlebug is selling in the US at $150 so you did very well.

As for your F7A & B I had a Santa Fe Warbonnet version a few years back that sounded like a coffee grinder making its way round the track, bought another one recently and its totally the opposite runs very well.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scotsoft

There should be a deliriously happy thread for news like that Lawrence  :o
I have seen pictures of that Doodlebug and car and it is superb looking.
I have a really nice B&O corrugated dome car if you want to do a swap  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:   :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Quote from: scotsoft on April 05, 2012, 11:40:14 PM
There should be a deliriously happy thread for news like that Lawrence  :o
I have seen pictures of that Doodlebug and car and it is superb looking.
I have a really nice B&O corrugated dome car if you want to do a swap  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:   :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, let me think about that John.

NO  :evil:

Tank

Very happy!  I have just won a controller for my camera at a bargain price.  Luckily the seller sold three of them in three auctions, and I was the only bidder in the last auction. ;D  I saved about £100. :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2012, 07:00:46 PM
Very happy!  I have just won a controller for my camera at a bargain price.  Luckily the seller sold three of them in three auctions, and I was the only bidder in the last auction. ;D  I saved about £100. :thumbsup:

I don't know what a controller for a camera is, but well done :thumbsup:
The only controller for my camera is me ???

longbridge

Quote from: newportnobby on April 08, 2012, 09:16:18 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2012, 07:00:46 PM

I don't know what a controller for a camera is, but well done :thumbsup:
The only controller for my camera is me ???

Don't feel bad about that Nobby, things have changed a lot since digital cameras hit the scene, I have been involved in photography for 55 years  25 of them as a pro wedding photographer and even I don't know what a controller is :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations