Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

All over and done now. Should really post this in the happy thread, but thought I'd close this issue. No trace of cancer or precancerous cells, no polyps, all looking good. Relatively pain free apart from a couple of times when the scope was going around corners. Because of the gas used to inflate the bowel, I'm F**ting for England.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Delboy

Great news then Malc.
Time for a few celebratory beers or perhaps not with what your backside has been through lately!!
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

daveg

Avoid naked flames for the next 24 hours!

Delighted you've got the 'All Clear' - celebrate with a beer -  soon!

Dave G

lil chris

Nice one Malc I am pleased for you, all clear that's what we all want to hear. They usually find a few polyps with me but has long as the attend to them I am happy to the regular checks I have from our wonderful health service.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

stevewalker

It's great to hear all is well  :)

daffy

Glad to hear you had a good result Malc. :thumbsup:

Spent a long day in hospital myself yesterday as my wife Sheila had to have a complex hysterectomy and is feeling pretty rough and exhausted today. Surprisingly they may send her home later today, but I'm hoping they will keep her in for one more night, at least until she is able to eat without issues, and the full effects of all the drugs they pumped into her have worn off. At least she has only minor pains, but the next few months are going to be a long slow recovery, during which yours truly will be kept busy doing all I can to help her recovery. I'm likely to be very busy as she will have to take ir very, very easily, especially over the next few weeks. Time for me to put my cooking, ironing, shopping, household cleaning and other skills to their sternest test!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Good one, Malc.  :thumbsup:

I had 14 polyps removed. You win easily, mate. Zero is good.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on June 02, 2019, 09:09:34 AM
Time for me to put my cooking, ironing, shopping, household cleaning and other skills to their sternest test!

Please immediately write a manual and send it to me please @daffy
I hope Sheila recovers quickly but, if you prove to be good, progress may be slow ;)

port perran

Good news Malc.

And Daffy, I hope that Mrs Daffy makes a full recovery and gets back to normal asap.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Philip.

Quote from: daffy on June 02, 2019, 09:09:34 AM
Glad to hear you had a good result Malc. :thumbsup:

Spent a long day in hospital myself yesterday as my wife Sheila had to have a complex hysterectomy and is feeling pretty rough and exhausted today. Surprisingly they may send her home later today, but I'm hoping they will keep her in for one more night, at least until she is able to eat without issues, and the full effects of all the drugs they pumped into her have worn off. At least she has only minor pains, but the next few months are going to be a long slow recovery, during which yours truly will be kept busy doing all I can to help her recovery. I'm likely to be very busy as she will have to take ir very, very easily, especially over the next few weeks. Time for me to put my cooking, ironing, shopping, household cleaning and other skills to their sternest test!

I'm sure you'll be well supervised  ;) Best wishes to her for her recovery  :)

Bealman

Seconded. Good luck mate.  :thumbsup: :beers:

George

Malc

Jenny had a hysterectomy some years ago and it is quite a long recovery process. No heavy lifting or strenuous work for at least 3 months. Our GP felt that 4 months off work would be better. So @daffy make sure you look after Sheila. I can recommend the "Margaret's Patten cooking for two" book or a good take away menu.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

I'd be going with the latter.

Getting rest and recovering is more important than cooking.

Plenty of time for that when you're better.  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

I hope Sheila recovers well and is soon (ish) back to normal @daffy . As George says, takeaway menus are easier, as are anything that just needs a microwave.   :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Thanks evergone, much appreciated and I shall pass on your good wishes to Sheila - when I can get hold of her. Had an email earlier but I suspect her iPad and iPhone are needing charging, and a she can't get out of bed to plug them in...... :doh:  I'll ring the hospital and get them to sort that.

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 02, 2019, 09:36:41 AM

Please immediately write a manual and send it to me please @daffy

The Manual is already written  :) and has a Preface which is worth quoting here:

"When consulting this authoritative Manual, please bear in mind the following key point: under no circumstances whatsoever should partners or husbands (hereinafter referred throughout as 'menfolk') attempt to digress from the procedures described in either outline or detail."

In short, the entire contents may be summed up in one instruction that is repeated ad nauseum throughout. I should point out that, with considerable help from others of her kind, the Manual was written - if 'written' is the right word - by my wife.

And that instruction? Well, it's quite simple really:

"Just do what I tell you, when I tell you, and do it properly".

:D

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations