Accessing the Classified Ads

Started by PatrickS, November 19, 2012, 06:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickS

Hi,

I cannot seem to access the classified section and receive the message "You are not allowed to view the Classifieds".

Is there anything else that I should do?

Pat

Newportnobby

Hi Pat,

The NGF Classifieds are limited to those with 10 posts under their belt.
It won't take you long, I'm sure :thumbsup:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: gbnrail on January 05, 2013, 11:00:22 AM
Why?

1. Because members of the forum buy/sell/exchange things between each other at reasonable prices.
2.There is no charge for advertising.
3.Because we don't want people joining the forum for the sole purpose of buying/selling.

You have to show that you have joined the forum as you wish to take part in it's activities.The moderators feel that 10 posts is a good indication of this. 

Pengi

It is part of of our rules. The Classifieds is a cost effective way of buying and selling and we like to have confidence that are members are not abusing the system. Having a ten post minimum, is one of the ways of doing it - so that anyone that has joined the forum purely to sell stuff and not make any other contribution to the forum is filtered out (unless they are an approved sponsor). It could be argued that someone could just randomly reply to posts on the forum, just to get to ten posts but, as Mods, we do read every post so we would be wise to that.

Unfortunately we have had issues with abuse of buying and selling items via the forum in the past and that is why we have needed to introduce these rules.

As NPN says, it shouldn't take you long to get to ten posts though.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

gbnrail

I have nothing to sell and was only curious as to what was for sale.

As a newcomer who generally doesn't like getting involved in online discussion i was only curious but realise I will remain an outsider

painbrook

gbnrail , stick around you'll get used to us. Have you got a layout on the go yourself?, if so please tell us about it we would love to know. Cheers john.

gbnrail

Grrrrr

No I don't have a layout I'm looking for one hence the reason I'm scouring your forum.

Reckon I'll have to look elsewhere http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/Smileys/NGF/angry.gif

trainsdownunder

:wave:
Unfortunately you dont' find many layouts as such on sale here......but what you will find is loads of FREE advice and help in getting your own unique piece of modelling constructed or help in converting existing stuff.  :idea:

I started out by buying an old layout to revamp/change, but actually found in the end it was easier to find a plan and build from scratch  :smackedface:, buts that not for everyone. With modern day set-track (there are loads of links covering this - use the search function) track laying is pretty straight forward and you can soon have something up and running.
  Ebay is a good source for secondhand stuff and fellow members here will always offer help and advice about things on there, value for money etc. Most of our members are very good at spotting bargains   :goggleeyes: and then passing on the good news.   :phone:    :whisper:

This forum is all about the whole hobby and more besides so don't be  :veryangry: - stick around read a few topics  :read: , you might be surprised at what you find.   :idea:

Who knows let us know what you are looking for and others might be able to help track it down ( sorry about the pun).
After all as I said building is not for everyone.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations