Locomotive Auction for ForumFunds

Started by Train Waiting, July 24, 2023, 11:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonglum

Excellent auctioneering Poppy (and John)! I do hope that you reach three figures.

All the very best,

Tim

port perran

Poppy completely in control

Sorry, I couldn't find a photographingham of a cat with the correct colourisation but I can imagine Poppy ready to bring things to a conclusion in a few days with hopefully a bid in excess of three figures.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Train Waiting

What-ho, Tim and Martin

Poppy sends her thanks for your kind comments.

And that's a SuperSpiffing picturingham, thank you very much.  She's very like Bobbie, the cat we had when we lived in Inverness over 30 years ago.  Bobbie's long departed but her name lives on in Bobbington, the main station and location of the steam shed on the Table-Top Railway.  'Off scene', of course, but often referred to in my more rambling Poppingham posts.

Thanks again, chaps, and all good wishes.

John and Poppy (Asleep upstairs again!  All this auctioneering is tiring work.)
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Train Waiting

Hello Chums

Poppy and I are delighted to report that we have received a bid of £95.00 for this English Electric 'Type 4'.

Therefore, with great pleasure, we now invite any bids of £100.00.

@Tank has already spent around £1,100.00 on the upgrade to our FabulousForum and engineering work is continuing to deal with a few teething troubles.  The entire winning bid will go to ForumFunds to help reimburse this expenditure.  Personal donations are also welcome - direct by means of PayPal 'Friends & Family' if possible; Chris can advise how to do this.

As previously mentioned, Poppy says we'll pay for the postage to a UK address.

'N' Gauge is Such Fun!

Many thanks for looking, all best wishes and happy bidding!

Cheerie-B

John and Poppy

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Train Waiting

Hello Chums

Poppy and I are glad to inform you that we have received a SuperSpiffing bid of £100.00 for the EE 'Type 4' 1Co-Co1, No. D211 Mauretania.

We now invite any bids of £105.00.

We'll pay the postage, so the entire winning bid will go to help fund our FantasticForum.

'N' Gauge is Such Fun!

With many thanks for looking, all best wishes and happy bidding!

Cheerio

John and Popp

RBTKraisee

Well done on achieving 'the ton' ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how much you can raise for the forum!

Ross.

---=== B Minus 6 Days ===---
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

Train Waiting

Hello Chums

Are we all done?  It looks like we're selling the absolutely fabulous English Electric 'Type 4' for £100.00 unless Poppy and I receive a bid of £105.00.

The entire winning bid will go to ForumFunds.

'N' Gauge is Such Fun!

Pip-pip

John and Poppy

Train Waiting

Hello Chums

Good news!  I was on the receiving end of a very nice personal massage yesterday.  It contained a bid for £105.00 for D211 Mauretania.

Therefore, if you would like to bid £110.00 for the mean green traction machine, please send a message or post your bid on the thread.

Poppy and I are amazed and delighted our thread has received more than 8,000 'views'.  Thank you very much indeed.  Its primary aim is to help raise awareness of the cost of the engineering works to make our FabulousForum even better which will, hopefully, lead to some personal donations.

All of the proceeds from the sale of the 'Type 4' will go to ForumFunds and, as a jolly nice bonus, someone will receive a lovely locomotive.

Poppy and I will pay the postage to a UK address.

'N' Gauge is Such Fun!

Tickety-tonk

John and Poppy

mickeyflinn

Quote from: Train Waiting on August 11, 2023, 09:28:37 AM........I was on the receiving end of a very nice personal massage yesterday.
:goggleeyes:

Browning 9mm

whats the saying,

please, this is a family forum :smiley-laughing:  :-[

Train Waiting

Hello Chums

You might recall that the highest bid I had received for the EE 'Type 4' was 100 gns.  Yesterday, I received another very nice personal massage bidding £110.00.

If tjhat wasn't your bid and you would like to own this delectable diesel, please advise Poppy and I of your bid of £115.00.

It's post-free to a UK address and the entire winning bid will go to ForumFunds, but I expect you know that by now!

'N' Gauge is Such Fun!

Toodle-oo

John and Poppy

Browning 9mm

" Yesterday, I received another very nice personal massage bidding £110.00."

the man is at it again  :-[  :uneasy:

acook

Well, theres the rub....................

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations