Animated avatars

Started by Rob H, August 08, 2013, 09:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

I've just been trying to change the animated, moving, avatar in my profile. I changed it ok but the new one isn't moving. I have a Mac and thought I'd done all the right settings - HELP

Cheers,

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

scotsoft

Quote from: Robmag on August 08, 2013, 09:33:00 AM
I've just been trying to change the animated, moving, avatar in my profile. I changed it ok but the new one isn't moving. I have a Mac and thought I'd done all the right settings - HELP

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

If I am correct the picture you have uploaded to your profile is a PNG file, for it to move it would need to be a GIF file.

cheers John.

Sprintex

Yep, my Clanger there is a GIF file :thumbsup:

Paul

Rob H

Hi John,

i was guessing you might come to my aid, thank you !

I've downloaded 6 files which are are all GIF files but none of them are animated on the forum although they are animated in the preview pane.

The England flag is not animated although its a GIF file, any ideas ?

Regards,

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

scotsoft

Hi Rob,

The flag is appearing as a PNG file so that it is why it is not moving.

I am baffled because as you can see my flag has been fluttering for a long time.

Do you have the flag and your new avatar saved in an album on the forum or are they stored offline?

cheers John.

Rob H

Huge thanks to Scotsoft ! I knew you wouldn't let me down John, avatars now animated, cheers mate,

Rob.

scotsoft

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations