Lancaster ‘Just Jane’ sample newsletter

Started by daffy, March 27, 2020, 06:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Lincs Aviation at East Kirkby airfield, which is about half an hours cycle ride from me, just sent an email looking for support in getting it's fine taxiing Lancaster back into flight condition. The mail included a link to one of their Rivet Club newsletters that members receive regularly.

I thought the aviation fans here might like this one, with many photos showing the paint stripping process they have employed to examine the aircraft in detail.

https://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/library/Rivet_Club_sample.pdf?utm_source=Customers&utm_campaign=3ee0f34827-RAFBF_2012_Airshow_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_50f848a116-3ee0f34827-421490149

I have no links to Lincs Aviation other than as a fan, but would recommend a visit to the airfield when life gets back to normal.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Dorsetmike

That brings back memories of training as an air radar mechanic then air radar fitter at RAF Yatesbury in 1952 and '54 They had Lancaster bodies  minus most of the wings and tail but retaining most of the radar and radio equipment and associated stuff so we could learn how awkward it could be to service an aircraft The rumour was that they strung together as many cables and bits of wire as possible then built an airframe round them, whilst making sure that as many inaccesible locations as possible contained the most vulnerable and/or delicate items.

But good training for working on N gauge steamers.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

guest311

what a thought, if all goes well, and the Canadians could bring theirs across again ...

THREE LANCs FLYING IN FORMATION

must go and have a lie down ....

exmouthcraig

If youd not been so generous you could of built them  3 stuck them to your ceiling and lied down after some Highland water with a Merlin soundtrack and imagined it  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations