Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: Bealman on November 17, 2013, 09:36:43 PM
Me wants one too  :drool:

Add it to the Blue Pullman list George  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

macwales

Hi

Just taken delivery and run in a new Dapol A4 Mallard.

It is a great runner and only the second Dapol steamer I have bought with no sign of swarfe or other debris in the motor. It runs cool and pulls very well - photo above it is pulling 8 x old maroon coaches. It runs well at slow speed and even after a half hour pulling that train it still runs very cool for a Dapol.

Not so sure about the garter blue, seems a bit pale
[smg id=8392]

[smg id=8390]

[smg id=8391]

Also not sure about the gold lettering in the tender - not sure that works at all!!

I particularly like the nameplate and wheel colour and I will be keeping the loco in spite of that tender lettering as it looks the business speeding round with the usual Dapol clatter (from the tender wheels).

Cheers

Mac
:beers:

portland-docks

I dont understand why they re/released mallard :s, could they not have done union of south africa instead? Or gresley in express blue? Why mallard again?
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

MinZaPint

Hi Mac

Have to agree about the tender lettering  :uneasy: but as you say otherwise a very nice loco. Oh and is that Michael Portillo on the platform!  :D

Cheers David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: MinZaPint on November 18, 2013, 05:07:01 PM
Hi Mac

Have to agree about the tender lettering  :uneasy: but as you say otherwise a very nice loco. Oh and is that Michael Portillo on the platform!  :D

Cheers David
Has to be Mr Portillo who else wears a shirt THATshade of pink!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

texhorse

This locomotive arrived this morning.  I purchased it for just £26 + postage off ebay, and runs like any other Kato locomotive; immaculately.  An SD-40 in Algoma Central livery.  She will be getting a repaint into home colours shortly.

Andy

Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

scotsoft

Quote from: texhorse on November 18, 2013, 07:20:54 PM
This locomotive arrived this morning.  I purchased it for just £26 + postage off ebay, and runs like any other Kato locomotive; immaculately.  An SD-40 in Algoma Central livery.  She will be getting a repaint into home colours shortly.

Andy

:hmmm:  I must have missed that one  :doh:  ;)

I hope you post pictures of the repaint  :drool:

cheers John.

texhorse

Of course I will John!  I'll be posting pictures of my Montrose and Highland Railroad 2013 box car as well.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Bealman

All canny purchases, guys. I do think that the lettering on the Mallard is a bit dodgy (especially having just seen the real thing recently (B's UK adventure), but I'd still be keeping it - especially when it's a good runner.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Croxy

:D

Well went to a local Model Railway Show near me in Whitby (Ontario)  :confused1:
and made a some good finds......always a surprise to find British products....especially N gauge. I picked up three Peco wagons and a Graham Farish tank car and brake wagon. He also had a some Hornby N scale buildings and trackside accessories that he had on clearance so I pretty much cleared him out and trouble and strife let me......  :goggleeyes:

To top it all off there was a package from Liverpool waiting for me when I arrived home from work today......  :smiley-laughing:

Here are some photos:

My finds from the weekend.....

Todays new arrivals.....

My new Class 108 DMU....really pleased with this....  :bounce:
If you like it run it......

johnlambert

macwales

Hi

Although I have spotted that ex politico, now railway buff, in a lurid green and a pink jacket on tele, I can't remember those green trousers!!

I bought a bag of ready painted N Scale figures from China on Ebay and they are all very garish colours. I have repainted a few but this on needed to stand out so I kept the original. Obviously worked as it's a focus of comment!! Colours on them make the figures also stand out when chopped down to fit as seated passengers in DMU's. Artistic licence and all that!

Cheers

Mac

:beers:

scotsoft

Quote from: Croxy on November 19, 2013, 01:47:01 AM
I picked up three Peco wagons and a Graham Farish tank car and brake wagon. He also had a some Hornby N scale buildings and trackside accessories that he had on clearance so I pretty much cleared him out and trouble and strife let me......  :goggleeyes:

To top it all off there was a package from Liverpool waiting for me when I arrived home from work today......  :smiley-laughing:

It must feel like Christmas has arrived early  :claphappy:

cheers John.

Caz

Finally getting to grips with motorising my tram track on Claywell using Tomix Wide Tram Track and just obtained this lovely Modemo 9002 tram to run on it.

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%