Modelmaster back

Started by Dr Al, September 19, 2019, 10:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

Not sure if many have seen, but I've been getting emails from Modelmaster saying "We've just listed over 2,000 Etched Brass & Stainless Steel Nameplates for Diesel, Steam & Electric Locomotives".

Does this mean they are now going to (try to) compete with the N Gauge Society? I'm not sure if NGS has said what it's doing - commissioning its own, or just selling off the remaining returned stocks? - I'm sure someone can jump in here and tell me.

Will Modelmaster be able to even cope given all the previous problems people have had getting orders delivered? I do find it insulting as one of those still waiting for something ordered in 2016...

...and I doubt I'd trust them again given the number of discount emails they still send, and the number of subsequent emails that are sent saying there was an error in the last email. Haphazard seems to be the word.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Les1952

I've had the same emails and looked on the website at the ex-LNER locos. 

He seems to be listing the same ones he always had.

I'll be using Fox or the NGS for any future plates.

Les

silly moo

I certainly wouldn't use them again, it took me over 9 months to get a set of nameplates out of them. There only seemed to be a response after a thread in RMWeb revealed what a mess they were in. I sent lots of emails, got no replies and when the plates eventually turned up they were poor quality.

They seemed to be completely disorganised. I realise that they are probably a small one man band business but it was the first time I have had such bad service from a model railway supplier.

exmouthcraig

I'm with you on this Alan, still waiting from Jan 17 and after being told he was retiring in the hope all of his N gauge customers would disappear and allow him to launch his new range of OO the last contact I had was to tell them to keep my money. The excuses were to blame everyone but himself and then people were coming out in support of him.

That started my link with Fox and I have NEVER had a problem with them regarding anything. My last order, 1 decal sheet was missed out the envelope and after emailing them to tell them it could wait for my next order you've never had such apologetic and grateful emails. So I will stay with fox now.

Model master has spent the last 3 years burning bridges believing himself to be far superior and happy to blame his misfortune on everyone else.

Social media is great until you upset people then it's your worst enemy.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations