id Backscenes N Gauge Building Kits

Started by Artisan, September 22, 2019, 10:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artisan

I am building a layout that will feature a backscene of old industrial and mill town type buildings in low relief. I would like to know if anyone has purchased or seen the finished product of the id Backscenes stick-on and/or low relief buildings that they offer for sale. An eBay link below showing the product is copied below. I have been told that they are photographs of original buildings which have been scaled down so I'm not sure how they would look with other card kit backscene buildings which have been graphically produced.

If anyone does have or has seen these buildings on a layout I would grateful of their opinion.

Thanks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253734302285?ul_noapp=true
Best regards
Greg

port perran

To me they look a little one dimensional but I  have no knowledge of the product personally.
Why not print out your own backscene from a photo?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Artisan

Quote from: port perran on September 22, 2019, 11:05:59 AM
To me they look a little one dimensional but I  have no knowledge of the product personally.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, a good idea about printing my own. Why didn't I think of that! :doh: I have never printed anything to scale. I don't suppose you know how to do that?
Best regards
Greg

port perran

Quote from: Artisan on September 22, 2019, 11:38:48 AM
Quote from: port perran on September 22, 2019, 11:05:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, a good idea about printing my own. Why didn't I think of that! :doh: I have never printed anything to scale. I don't suppose you know how to do that?

I'm sure there's a scientific way to do it but I'm not scientific.
I merely find the scene I want then photograph it from varying distances and use the photos that look best working on my principle that if it looks right it probably is right.
This is part of the backscene on my Tregonning layout using views taken just down the road from where I live.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Artisan

Thanks for the reply and the tips. Armed with my trusted Nikon camera and a sunny day I will go looking for some suitable buildings!
Best regards
Greg

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations