Dapol Pannier review

Started by scruff, September 18, 2012, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scruff

For the steamy fans among us Andy York has done a review:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/61750-dapol-57xx-pannier-photo-review/

Gorgeous little loco.. and thats from a diesel fan! :(

Cheers

Mark

Newportnobby

Quote from: scruff on September 18, 2012, 07:20:30 PM

Gorgeous little loco.. and thats from a diesel fan! :(

Cheers

Mark

'Bout time you gave way to your true feelings, Mark :thumbsup: :)

Elvinley

Looks great. A bit rough around the edges, but the photos show up everything and most of it won't be noticable when viewing the actual loco. Amazing that they reproduced all the handrails on these locos, I counted about 16. The running board looks bent to me from the photos. This was an issue with the Hall, but again, isn't too noticable on the actual loco.

If these are good runners then I look forward to getting one or two.

Cheers,

Ian.

scruff

Nobby- It was only a minor slip! Honest! :-[

I thought it was a OO model 'til I looked at the coupler! I'm sure that smokebox door opens!

Cheers

Mark

Caz

Looks fantastic, can't wait to get my hands on one.  Wonder if I can get sound in one of these as I did in the 08? Perhaps my next challenge  :D
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

scruff

Looking forward to the tutorial Caz!

Can you fit sound in the Farish 03?

Cheers

Mark

port perran

Very much looking forward to getting at least one of those.
Cant wait for them to appear in the shops.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Caz

Quote from: scruff on September 18, 2012, 08:20:32 PM
Looking forward to the tutorial Caz!

Can you fit sound in the Farish 03?

Cheers

Mark

I think the 03 might have to wait until the release of an even smaller SL76, haven't got an 03 but I wouldn't think it was possible, you could probably get either the decoder or speaker in, but not both I'd have thought, but you never know  ::).
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Andy007

Having just spent an afternoon battling to repair a "newish" Farish pannier, can any one see/tell me if the Dapol has better arrangement for keeping the coupling rods in place? Also the Farish pick up system is very unreliable. :NGaugersRule:

EtchedPixels

The Farish pannier is an old Poole design. The pickups are fine if properly adjusted but the chassis is very rigid which makes for poor results. The Dapol one isn't out yet but hopefully will have a tiny bit of flexibility built into it and good weight.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

port perran

The Dapol ad in the latest British Railway Modelling states that the pannier will be in the shops in October.

painbrook

Does anyone know when LMS variant is due? :confused1:. Cheers john.

Ollie3440

Quote from: painbrook on October 11, 2012, 08:44:41 PM
Does anyone know when LMS variant is due? :confused1:. Cheers john.

At a guess, never as this is a GWR loco. However Farish are doing a fully re-done Jinty due next year.

On a side note i'm really looking forward to these, i can see quite a few making their way onto Sheaf :D

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

painbrook

Quote from: port perran on October 11, 2012, 08:03:02 PM
The Dapol ad in the latest British Railway Modelling states that the pannier will be in the shops in October.
.I was begining to wonder if the BRM had folded, hav'nt seen a copy in my local Tesco's for a few months. Have I missed anything?. Cheers john.

port perran

No, you have missed little.
I set up a subscription about 15 months ago which included a toolkit, gaugemaster controller and book all for about £60-00. I mainly wanted the freee gifts rather than the monthly mag !
These days they seem to be getting muddled between the mag and RMWeb (which seems a waste of space to me).

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations