Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Thanks @Calnefoxile for putting the pics up. I have some bandwidth issues here, so it was easier to message Neal the pics.
However, today's trip resulted in one less bird as part of the wildlife...whoops,😫

Later,
Stu in EGYP
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

wonder if the A400 is any more comfortable than the C-130, guessing not, and presumeably no coffee jockey   :'(

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

More comfotable ( individual side seats) and filter coffee maker fitted as standard.

Later,
Stu in EGYP

guest311

Quote from: StufromEGDL on January 11, 2020, 08:24:51 PM
Hi Gang,

More comfotable ( individual side seats) and filter coffee maker fitted as standard.

Later,
Stu in EGYP

how much a cup  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

and, do you still get the dreaded

S box "meal" to sustain you through the flight.

personally, recon a rat pack would be more nourishing, but guess all the hexiburners might be a flight safety hazard  :smiley-laughing:

StufromEGDL

Box meals for pax (full of healthy goodness apparently). Coffee is no charge, but by invite only...🙃

Later,
Stu in EGYP.

guest311

TrevL

Due the old W7/W10 malarky, building a new 'puter. Ordered the stuff from "Overclockers" (great service I might add), and last night got an email with DPD tracking info. Logged on first thing this morning, and I was 130 on the list, due delivery between 16.00 and 17.00..  The thing is, the van is within a mile of me, so I messaged them to see if I could intercept it.  No, due security issues. Fair enough.  I keep watching the tracker, and the damn van goes right by the end of my street (within 30 yards of my house) with about 90 more deliveries before mine.  Whoever set out the delivery schedule needs his head read! Not happy :(
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

When I was in Sales for a company in Bridgnorth we had a manager who didn't drive.
He had no clue as to UK geography and would try to get us to do trips like Eastleigh and Newcastle in the same day ::) Maybe he got a job with DPD

stevewalker

I had a manager like that. Leaving Portsmouth, in the evening, for the long drive back to Manchester, he wanted me to drop in to Hereford to look at a problem there on the way back and then drive to Kilmarnock first thing in the morning! I refused.

I got him myself though. He arranged for an installation job to take place in Portsmouth on 27th and 28th December and told me a fortnight before Christmas that I was assigned to supervise the contractor - I took great delight in pointing out that I had already had holidays authorised and had non-refundable ferry tickets booked and accommodation arranged for myself, my wife and our children to spend the full Christmas fortnight in France ... and he had to supervise it himself :)

The Q

I was off to a Job near St Andrews, (On Tornado stuff), So the Section secretary booked me into the Golf hotel.... Trouble  was she booked me into the Golf Hotel, Woodhall Spa (Lincolnshire).

Arriving at the Hotel in St Andrews I found it was Closed (it closed for Christmas+- a week), but the Bar was open, so i went in and behind the bar was someone who had served me before (many times)  and he was able to ring round and find me a place just a few hundred yards away..

Bealman

Lucky man!  :thumbsup:

Time to buy a lottery ticket, methinks  :beers:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

I was woken up this morning by Louisa asking me to get up as she thought one of the cats had had a fit of some sort.  I got up and apparently the cat had his breakfast, then jumped up onto my chair, promptly fell off and, as Louisa described, "started twitching". When I went into the lounge, there he was, dead. So, I had to take Louisa to work in tears, (I was a bit upset myself), and now, when it gets light enough, I have to go dig a hole in the garden. We are now down to four cats and one dog. Whilst I don't have 'favourites', (apart from 'Bella' the one eyed cat who is about 18 years old now), this particular cat had a habit of jumping onto the right arm of my chair, 'talking' to me for a couple of minutes, then walking across my lap to the other chair arm, 'talking' to me again for a couple of minutes and then lying down, half on the chair arm and half on my lap. I will miss that.  :(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

As a lover of all animals, but long time cat person, you have my deepest sympathy sir.

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations