Getting it out of the box?

Started by bbdave, February 25, 2012, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

Just a question that crossed my mind while i was taking a new tank waggon out of the box the other day, now waggons and locos are packed very well for obvious reasons but what is the preffered method for getting them out of the blister or foam packing. Do you tap them out push from the back pry from the front so many delicate bits to watch for.

Dave

Newportnobby

Hi Dave,
I got a weathered B1 the other day and, being an almost complete imbecile, couldn't see at first how to get the thing out of the packaging :smiley-laughing:
Regarding my method of removing stock from packaging, I generally remove everything from the plastic casing and then ease the item forward and out with gentle pressure from behind. I never pull, always push. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Pete Mc

Having bought a fair amount of loco's and rolling stock from both Farish and Dapol,I have found that its always best to remove all the foam inserts to which Dapol pack their stuff in then open out the foam at the top and bottom,then ease the loco or rolling stock out that way.
Newer Farish stuff such as the 101 dmu is packed in the usual plastic see through outer box,with the dmu packed in a vacuum formed inner package.Its always best to remove the inner packing material then remove the dmu carefully.
Older Farish stuff is packed in the clear case but instead of vacuum formed plastic,it has a dark grey foam insert with an opaque sheet and thin paper which is wrapped around the loco,etc.This should be pulled free from the box using the paper and sheet so as not to cause any damage.
This is my procedure anyway and as I haven't managed bust owt,I'd say it works.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations