Union Mills J39

Started by Jonny, February 20, 2012, 09:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny

Morning all

I have a Union Mills J39 in LNER green. Yes I know these loco's never ran in  green.

I am looking at selling this loco on due to a redirection on my layout
Just wondering what peoples thoughts on it are

Should I leave it in the green Colin painted it in or Repaint it into the correct black ??

Regards

Jon
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

EtchedPixels

I would have thought anyone wanting a highly accurate model will be waiting for the Bachmann one. I'd leave it as is - its not as if a buyer can't make good use of spraycan.

Some folks seem to collect Union Mills judging by the stupid prices they go for on ebay
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Jonny

That's very true they do seem to fetch good money on evilbay

Guess I will be listing it on there soon

Many thanks

Jon
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

Claude Dreyfus

I think they are still very desirable models, especially for their haulage capacity. I was at a show yesterday and was treated to the sight of a Union Mills T9 - the first time I have seen one 'in the flesh' (looks really nice) - hauling a rake of 17(!) Bachmann mark 1s. It managed them without any slippage...although in fairness the layout was flat, but even so, that's quite an achievement for a British model.

EtchedPixels

I suspect at 17 mark 1 coaches it wasn't even trying! They are phenomenal haulers.

The T9 is a bit of a compromise as most T9's should have 8 wheel tenders.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations