Shortage of Zimo Next18 decoders

Started by N_GaugeModeller, January 17, 2021, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi all

I have been to all the usual suppliers of Zimo Decoders trying to buy a couple of their excellent £20 Next18 decoders and everyone is out of stock.

I wonder what's behind the shortage, surely not Brexit, my money is on the floor of Farish Class 31's hitting the market all needing Next18 decoders.

Or is there something more sinister behind it (for the conspiracy theory people out there) ;)

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

Roy L S

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on January 17, 2021, 08:36:43 PM
Hi all

I have been to all the usual suppliers of Zimo Decoders trying to buy a couple of their excellent £20 Next18 decoders and everyone is out of stock.

I wonder what's behind the shortage, surely not Brexit, my money is on the floor of Farish Class 31's hitting the market all needing Next18 decoders.

Or is there something more sinister behind it (for the conspiracy theory people out there) ;)

NGM

Plus of course the small matter of 3,000 non-sound Farish 8Fs landing not so long ago, so with the 31s and RevolutioN 92s as well, that's a pretty high demand for Next 18 decoders in a very short space of time.

Could be it is simply a case of demand outstripping supply for a period?

Roy

rhysapthomas

I have just bought two of the Farish rebadged versions from Time Tunnel Models fro about £18.35 each

jpendle

I find that Zimo decoders (MX617N and MX618N) are frequently out of stock, nothing to do with Brexit last summer when I couldn't get the MX617's.
Maybe something to do with them being the best decoders out there?  :D

There are generally available in small quantities over here in the US but they can be 50% more expensive.
I generally wait till they are in stock and then buy 5 or 6 at a time.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Graham

agree definitely the best out there. Also waiting eagerly for them to come back into stock.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations