Paris - Roubaix

Started by Staggy1970, April 12, 2019, 07:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggy1970

Paris - Roubaix, the "Queen of the Classics" is on Sunday, whose going to win, will an outsider take the crown as last weeks Ronde had a real surprise winner, roll on Sunday, I'm gonna watch the whole race live and go out training when it's finished. Can't wait!!!!

Philip.

Hell of the North!, my favourite of the Classics, I'm going for Sagan, Gilbert or Kristoff

RailGooner

I'll have to be super nice to MBH tomorrow. A day of disappointing films is a price worth paying for control of the remote on Sunday! :D

Staggy1970

Hi, I'm not sure if Sagan or Gilbert have the form this year, Kristoff is a good bet, How much is Mathieu Van Der Poel regretting not being on the start line Sunday, his team didn't get a wildcard. Greg van Avermaet could be in with a shout, I'd like to see Taylor Phinney do a ride, I'm going for Zdenek Štybar, having ridden the Sportive version 5 times over the years the stones are brutal just brutal. Sunday bring it on!

Philip.

Štybar is a good shout, Sagan woefully out of form but never discount him. Gilbert I'd love to go long and take a big solo win

Staggy1970

Gilbert's lone break in the Ronde in 2017 was awesome, one of the best ever wins was 1994 Andrei Tchmil 65k's line break, the most brutal L'Enfer ever in my opinion.

njee20

Looks dry, so a real upset seems less likely than if it was wet. Van Avermaet is a decent shout I reckon. Not sure about Stybar, but with his CX background I'd not bet against him, particularly via a big attack on the pavé.

Staggy1970

It's about time it rained all week in Northern France leading up to the race! I think the real last wet edition was 2001, the year Servais Knaven won, I was there, rode the route on the Saturday, it was filthy, covered head to toe in Belgium toothpaste. Loved it!!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations