Now Railway Modelling makes it into The Spectator

Started by Buffin, December 13, 2019, 08:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffin

Richard Bratby has an elegant two page spread in the new Spectator (if you're browsing in Smiths, it's pages 36-37) with a nice shot of "Umbridge N Gauge layout" as seen at Warley. The hobby's popping up so often lately (though I'm not sure it featured in any of the leaders' debates; so much the worse for them).

(We could speculate what layout each leader might build that would reflect their personality - were that not too political for this forum.  :no: )

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/dont-tell-me-model-railways-arent-art-my-little-engine-is-a-thing-of-spirit-and-beauty/

njee20

Just seen that linked on RMWeb, a nicely written article!

grumbeast

That was beautifully written and a rare positive and 'grown up' reflection of our hobby, these lines summed up what we do beautifully for me

"years of creativity, care and quiet pleasure"

RailGooner

Quote from: Buffin on December 13, 2019, 08:09:04 PM
(We could speculate what layout each leader might build that would reflect their personality - were that not too political for this forum.  :no: )

:idea: Boris would have a Eurostar themed, End-to-..., er, End-to-Nowhere layout. Jeremy would have a Eurostar themed, Roundy-Roundy layout. Jo Swinson wouldn't have a layout, but would scrap RevolutioN's forthcoming KUA.

:goodbye: I'll get my coat.

Witts End

Quote from: RailGooner on December 13, 2019, 08:52:14 PM

:idea: Boris would have a Eurostar themed, End-to-..., er, End-to-Nowhere layout. Jeremy would have a Eurostar themed, Roundy-Roundy layout. Jo Swinson wouldn't have a layout, but would scrap RevolutioN's forthcoming KUA.

Would Jeremys be OO or a very large O?

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on December 13, 2019, 08:52:14 PM

I was going to berate you for being political, but dang, that was funny.

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23