Important Notice regarding the NGS Shop

Started by Mirrlees, October 26, 2014, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

That was my main objection to using the NGS shop for Modelmaster plates - if I was after a specific set of plates, why should I give some alternatives that I don't want??
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Bob Tidbury

Roy L S is quite right, the plates come unpainted as an A3 sheet of etches ,Ray Evans of BH Enterprises offered to buy them  a few years ago as he used to buy
Them from the original supplier but his offer was turned down which is why he has nearly run out of nameplates and can't get any more.
Bob

steve836

According to my N Gauge Journal, the NGS Shop has reopened.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

zopadooper

Yes, the shop is up and running in what is best described as"temporary mode" but most of the items on the original stock list are available.  The easiest way to place orders is by using ngsjoin.com and follow the links.

Alan Reed
N Gauge Society Treasurer and temporary shop keeper

SheldonC

Quote from: talisman56 on December 27, 2014, 12:41:43 PM
That was my main objection to using the NGS shop for Modelmaster plates - if I was after a specific set of plates, why should I give some alternatives that I don't want??
Don't ask for what you cannot or will not use; if you specify only what you want, and it isn't available, you won't get anything.  Simple, really.

zopadooper

If you read the members section of the  Society Journal you will see that since the shop reopened members are invited to make specific requests for plates without making payment.  If the requested name is available it will then be supplied after receipt of payment.  It also says in the journal that this is a temporary measure whilst the entire stock of plates is catalogued, at which time availability lists will be published.

Alan Reed
NGS Treasurer

Shiney Sheff

I also thought the shop was up and running (sort of) and did as requested on the web site, to email the chairman asking for specific name plates.

This I did on the 6th of June and also on the 20th of June, so far I have not had any response so I guess everyone must be busy sorting things or gone away on holiday?

Totally baffled now as to how I should order any name plates

Rob H

Is there any news as to when the Modelmaster transfers will be available online?

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Mirrlees

At this time, the answer is no.

There is a lot more work involved at the moment with the Colletts, kit composition and nameplates at the moment.

As I am leaving the  post of webmaster within the next few months I will ensure it is kept as an important topic.

Cheers

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

MikeDunn

You do realise we have another thread on this  ???

PGN

Quote from: MikeDunn on August 14, 2015, 07:54:04 PM
You do realise we have another thread on this  ???

Nope.

Never occurred to me that a pinned thread would be pinned if there was another thread we were supposed to refer to instead ...
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Sprintex

This thread was originally for notifying everyone of the temporary closure of the NGS Shop and subsequent efforts to re-establish it, that is why it was pinned at the top of the section.

The discussion over the Journal and the associated financial shenanigans is here - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29016.0

To avoid any further confusion this topic is now locked  :locked:

Paul

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations