Tiny pictures

Started by tim-pelican, August 21, 2012, 10:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim-pelican

Been meaning to post for a few days... did something change recently with the locally-hosted images?  Of late, it seems that a lot of the pictures in-line in posts have really tiny (like postage-stamp sized) thumbnails in the post, and on click-to-zoom expand out to something like a quarter of their real size.  I have to click on 'Details', then 'show full size' to get to the pic.

I could understand a bit if these were like 10 or 15MP images or something, but when I get to the final pics, they're only 1024x768 or similar.

Is it just me?  OS X 10.6.8, Chrome 21.0.1180.79, if it's relevant.

Cheers,
Tim.

scotsoft

I know I have done what you have described and must admit I never gave it second thought, I just clicked and viewed.  If there are a few pictures I use the arrow keys to move forwards or backwards to change the picture.

I will make some enquiries for you and return (eventually) with an answer for you  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Tank

Hi Tim,
Nothing has been changed.  Can you put a link to an example please?

tutenkhamunsleeping

tim-pelican

Hi Tank,

One that's tiny:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=7292.0

To me, that looks like:

(I've deliberately included the banner and the avatar pic so you can see a size comparison)

If I click to expand on one of those, it gets a bit bigger:

But I have to go into details, view image full size, to get this:

Compare with this thread, http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1520.0, with externally-hosted images, which look much better in-line:

Does the size difference between 1, 2 and 3 explain what I mean?  For 1, I can't even tell what the pictures are for the most part...

Thanks,
Tim.

Tank

Thanks for the good explanation chaps.  We'll look into it now. :thumbsup:

Tank

If you Refresh your browser, the thumbnails should be bigger now. :thumbsup:  I hope that's OK?

:thankyousign:

tim-pelican

Much better - many thanks!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations