Recent Unread Topics

Started by edwin_m, August 05, 2012, 08:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwin_m

I have bookmarked the Recent Unread Topics page, which possibly means  I am stuck in a RUT. 

Sometimes when I visit this bookmark it shows two or more pages available to view.  Page 1, as I would expect, is the most recent topics in reverse date order.  However, randomly as far as I can see, page 2 and onwards may be:

- A message telling me there are no more topics to view
- Something that looks like the same list as page 1, but may be omitting the topics that I looked at on page 1 and including some more at the bottom
- A smaller number of topics all of which were on page 1 (have they changed while I was looking at it?)
- And finally what I would expect, but doesn't happen very often, a continuation of the list on page 1 showing older topics

Often, the older topics shown are from several hours before my previous visit. 

Is this how the forum is supposed to work?  Am I missing any exciting discussions by viewing in this way? 

Tank

If there are two pages, then you have more topics to view than will fit on the first page.  The second page is a continuation of the first page, with the lowest post being the oldest.

I hope that's what you meant!  :)

zwilnik

Is it possible to filter this feature to not include the classifieds (or even better have this as an option)?

Tank

If you click the Profile button at the top of the forum, then look for Ignore Boards Options.  Then choose which boards that you want to ignore. :thumbsup:

edwin_m

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations