Oh please, God, no!!

Started by Adam1701D, April 24, 2012, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD35

Quote from: tgv_obsessed on April 24, 2012, 09:25:28 PM
Quote from: OwL729 on April 24, 2012, 09:17:53 PM
Or Dapol could release a liveried 67 of class 67026 that has recently been painted by DBS in real life for the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

by the time it actually got released, it will be George VII's jubilee of some sort

...which would still probably be before the Mk3 buffets.

H

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 24, 2012, 08:26:06 PM
I'm tempted to buy one because I've got some good idea for the weathering and then covering it in appropriate graffiti...

No need . . . . . the 'official' 2012 Olympic logo is basically graffiti.  :evil:

H.

trainsdownunder

This is one of those times when I know it was right to abandon all BR stock and go American.

Pass the sick bag Alice !   :-[ :-[ :-[

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Karhedron

Quote from: OwL729 on April 24, 2012, 09:17:53 PM
Or Dapol could release a liveried 67 of class 67026 that has recently been painted by DBS in real life for the Queens Diamond Jubilee.
The possibility has been mentioned but it depends on getting permission from DBS to reproduce the livery.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 25, 2012, 10:23:41 AM
I did this a while ago for the Royal Wedding:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/79/entry-6440-making-the-freebie-easier-to-build/

well i was going to suggest that a rake of these dreadful things could be pulled by a loco called "Guillotine" , but I imagined such talk contraversial!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Donkey

Very good EtchedPixels, I like it  :thumbsup:. As and when my modelling skills develope I must build that  :)

Marty

Adam1701D

Here's Electras' patriotic 153 from last year.  ;D
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

edwin_m

The 153s were of course created by "divorcing" the two parts of a 155 unit.  Which suggests a whole series of royal-themed namings...

bluedepot

Britannia Pacific 'Oliver Cromwell' would be my loco of choice to haul a rake of these CDA wagons...

Honestly though... who buys this s##t!!!!

Tim

:Class31: :Carriage:

OwL

Quote from: bluedepot on April 25, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
Britannia Pacific 'Oliver Cromwell' would be my loco of choice to haul a rake of these CDA wagons...

Honestly though... who buys this s##t!!!!

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: Japanese tourists who model N Gauge of course! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

moogle

If you modelled the Royal Train and then added some of these, would it become a Royal Mixed Goods train?  ;D
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

BobB

Having left good old blighty some years ago, you get to realise how the Queen (if not all the others) generates support and, shall we say, envy ?

From a commercial point of view, exploiting an anniversary is as natural as voting for the next politician. I suppose most people ended up sympathetic to P. Diana, so it's not to surprising about Katherine, but explain Pippa (without referencing her rear figure) ?

Just get used to it folks. It's a passing phase which will soon be forgotten by us who try to emulate the prototype. As for me, I just hope that the current diverse liveries will become more conservative so that I feel comfortable moving on from corporate blue !

EtchedPixels

Quote from: BobB on April 28, 2012, 07:31:53 PM
I just hope that the current diverse liveries will become more conservative so that I feel comfortable moving on from corporate blue !

There has been considerable argument about the continual cycle of relivery work. The Scots finally got fed up of it and from 2008 used their own powers to decree that

- The franchise will always be called ScotRail regardless of whoever operates it
- The livery is going to be fixed by Transport Scotland with just a little space for operators to add a small 'is operated by' vinyl
- The uniforms are staying the same across franchises

It will be interesting to see how the Welsh Assembly handles this after the Arriva franchise ends. So far the only attempt at a Welsh Railways logo has been for a comedy film (Ar Y Tracs). Images at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14589121@N00/4351620272/#

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations