Why am I getting a message "you are ignoring this user"

Started by lil chris, December 16, 2020, 07:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Snowwolflair

Some members of the forum seem to ignore themselves  :goggleeyes:

lil chris

Thanks everyone I thought this was going to be one of those boring threads, it's been anything but.....keep safe everybody don't forget the goverment wants everyone to ignore everybody at the moment especially over Christmas.... Merry Christmas everyone.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daffy

Thanks Chris, and a Merry Christmas to you too! :thumbsup: :beers:

Re: the ignore feature: even if I select 'Ignore' so that a post text in a thread gets replaced with the stock message, I still get the email in my Inbox (if it's a first posting on the thread since I last viewed it, of course) with all the full text displayed if I'm following a thread. Is there any way to prevent this?
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

@daffy It must be the way you have 'Notifications' set up on your profile, Mike.
Have a look and see if you can make the necessary change.

njee20

I wouldn't have thought the forum software was clever enough to do that - you actually want the email content 'censored' when you're ignoring the poster? Turn off notifications may be easier, if a bit blunt force.

daffy

Thanks Mick, I'll take a look at my settings tomorrow, but like Nick I don't think the software is that detailed. I wouldn't want to turn off notifications altogether. I'm only ignoring one poster so it's not a big deal.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Leon

I received this message once or twice and I've made no changes to settings. There must have been some adjustment to the software that has caused these messages to pop up.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

njee20

No, it's just easy to accidentally click the "ignore" button when scrolling, particularly on mobile.

Bealman

Yes, I check the forum on my mobile frequently. I'm typing this on it now, actually!

It is quite easy to accidentally hit the ignore button.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Some posters need ignoring.  :-X

But if you are reading this, I did not mean you.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

lil chris

The only post I have on ignore is today's groaner.......oh heck sorry that's you David @dannyboy ... only joking I don't ignore anybody on purpose......lol
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations