New Liveries for existing models

Started by OwL, October 04, 2012, 09:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwL

We have seen many debates, polls and surveys on the NGF prior to now on what new RtR models we would like to see (particularly) in British N Gauge, however I feel the major players could do many more liveries in a year than just the normal 2-3 repaints they tend to do on existing models they have previously released per each new catalog.

I understand about concerns they may have of flooding markets with too much and some liveries not being as popular, however I would like to see what liveries of existing N Gauge RtR models that modellers would like to see, which previously have not been released or done for a long while...

The vain hope would be for manufacturers to gauge an idea of potential popular liveries that people would therefore buy in future.

My personal choices would be:

-Class 37 in DRS 'compass' Livery as seen on real life 37423 for example (would go nicely with new Farish 'Nuke Flask' wagons)
-Class 47 in DRS 'compass' Livery as seen on real life 47802 for example.
-Class 37 in BR Intercity 'Swallow' livery.
-Class 47 in BR Civil Engineers 'Dutch' livery as seen on 47975 for example.
-Class 08 in DRS livery. From memory only x2 Shunters worked for DRS at Kingmoor carrying this livery.
-Class A3 Dapol Steamer 'Blink Bonny' in LNER Apple Green livery.

These are my choices, and I hope someday these are covered by Dapol/Farish.

I would be interested to see what other liveries (UK and foreign) people would want to see on existing released RtR manufacturers?

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Skyline2uk

Purely selfish but a Class 20 in coal sector.....or a pair (if there was more than one in reality?!)

EtchedPixels

BR Mark 1 suburbans in heavily weathered BR plain blue

Bubble in Arriva

Mark 3s and 67 in Chiltern Mainline

(I've done the first two the hard way from kits but would still be nice to see them RTR).

I suspect the 67 one will be tricky. The different doors on the coaches etc can be done easily by Farish rather than Dapol and the 67 by Dapol not Farish...

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

michael

Anything that covers railtours and enginners trains so for example,

Class 33,37,47 in WCRC or 47 in Pullman livery

Dapols 121 in Network rail colours

Pengi

Desiro in South West Trains colours please.

Also re-release the 159 in South West Trains colours and add directional lighting
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

edwin_m

In general I'd like to see manufacturers being a bit quicker off the mark in releasing contemporary liveries.  Farish in particular have tended to release models in 00 first (a couple of years after the livery appeared on the prototype) then the N model a couple of years after that.  By this time the livery is quite often obsolete, and I suspect recent but not current liveries don't sell too well because they fall into the gap between people who try to keep the layout current and those who are modelling a definite era in the past. 

busman

I too would like to see Farish Mk1 "suburbans" or non-corridor coaches in BR blue livery. Also, perhaps a re-run of models such as the Dapol Cl121 in BR blue, maybe with a different no.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: michael on October 05, 2012, 07:15:26 AM
Anything that covers railtours and enginners trains so for example,

Class 33,37,47 in WCRC or 47 in Pullman livery

Dapols 121 in Network rail colours

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/38737/ND209Z_Dapol_Class_122_Single_Car_DMU_number_960015

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

davidjhope

I see Dapol produce (Or use to) unpainted OO Scale Loco's and wagons at a reduced price.
Shame it's not offered to us N gaugers who would like to have a go with repaints.

Greybeema

Class 73 in contemporary GBRF, having said that GBRF seem to be using 73's in two tone, Large Logo, GBRF and evey other Livery except Green at this moment...  Anything goes as they say...   :laugh3:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

EtchedPixels

Quote from: davidjhope on October 05, 2012, 04:04:33 PM
I see Dapol produce (Or use to) unpainted OO Scale Loco's and wagons at a reduced price.
Shame it's not offered to us N gaugers who would like to have a go with repaints.

Wouldn't be worth it for most stuff I would think. The unpopular livery discounts end up cheaper than specially done unpainted ones would (plus people buying the unpopular ones for respraying probably keeps the model shops a touch happier too)

Similar thing with chassis - it was usually the case that things like a 50 in joke LMS livery was cheaper than the chassis on its own!

Dapol actually did an experimental batch of 73s with just separate number decals - despite being a tiny batch they didn't sell. I suspect their main value now is to collectors who won't apply the decals anyway but just want it to put in a cupboard because it's rare.

Sprintex

One of my 'wants' is due out soon - Class 37 in Railfreight Distribution  :thumbsup:

The only others I'd want are new Class 47s in NSE, and Intercity livery WITHOUT those hideous full yellow cabs  :thumbsdown:

Paul

Dr Al

Dapol A3 would be nice to see in BR blue as well as Farish A1.

Regards,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Calnefoxile

Quote from: busman on October 05, 2012, 07:55:29 AM
Also, perhaps a re-run of models such as the Dapol Cl121 in BR blue, maybe with a different no.

Whoaaa, hang on before we start asking for re-runs of liveries, can we have the liveries first promised, like the 121 in Blue/Grey for a start.

Rgeards

Neal.

Ollie3440

There are many things i'd like to be re-liveried. Here are a few of my examples, and also why i doubt they'd be seen soon:

Class 37/20 in DRS Compass Livery - Would need modifications to the tooling
MK1 RMB in Crimson/Cream - Only accurate for preservation so limited use (I want several so if you are reading this Mr Hubbard...)
GWR Hall in Hogwarts Livery - Hornby don't do N Gauge
Class 101 in Green (no indicator box - or whatever its called) - As far as i have worked out only accurate for preservation so limited use.

There are also some i'd like to see but i feel they can't be far off e.g. Northern Class 150

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations