Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: daffy on November 14, 2020, 03:58:33 PM
B2F4D - Be too fast for device

My final answer, and now I reclaim my life. :)

As well as your life Mike, you can have a coconut. Your answer is near enough - Brain too fast for device.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

dannyboy

I am pretty sure I have posted a similar comment to this previously, (probably about 12 months ago  ;)), but I received the renewal quote for the house and contents insurance last week. So as you do, I made a couple of internet queries, but I could not find an insurer with a quote that was worth changing to. So this morning, I rang the current insurers and told them that whilst I was happy with the cover, I could do with it being a few Euros cheaper. Two minutes later, I am thanking the lady I spoke to and ending the call - with a quote €65 cheaper than that received last week, which is €20 cheaper than what I paid for the last 12 months cover!  :).  Why do Insurance companies always 'try it on' at renewal time?
David.

TrevL

Customer loyalty is not in their vacabulary, however cashcow is.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

When I saved £200 on my car insurance by moving to another company, I called the original insurer to say I would not be renewing with them and they started saying they could move on price. I just said they'd ripped me off for 2 years and were obviously still trying it on so even if they matched the lower premium I would not insure with them on principle.
Never have an automatic renewal :no:

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 17, 2020, 10:44:05 AM

I do so agree. A few minutes spent on the telephone can be very productive.  :thumbsup:
David.

daffy

Quote from: dannyboy on November 17, 2020, 10:49:45 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on November 17, 2020, 10:44:05 AM

I do so agree. A few minutes spent on the telephone can be very productive.  :thumbsup:

Yep. Totally agree. Even if it takes an hour or so online and/or on the phone to get a better quote - often from the same insurer - the savings can be considerable.
But just make sure the cheaper quote actually has the cover you need. Underinsure at your peril. Having worked in an insurance Claims Dept for a number of years I have witnessed many a sad tale of the effects of inadequate cover.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

I am a happy chappy we have had the back wall of our house repointed and for the last two weeks weve had no Sky Tv as the scaffolding blocked the signal ,
The scaffolding came down yesterday and jippy we now have sky Tv again .
But the downside is we have lost all our recorded programes for some reason .
Never mind Im sure there will be repeats of all the railway programes soon .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

Glad you have got your signal back Bob, but can not see why a lack of a signal for a couple of weeks should cause the loss of recorded programmes. The box has a recordable disc just like a computer, so once it is recorded, it is there until deleted. But as you say, the programmes will be repeated ..... repeatedly.  :)
David.

Bob Tidbury

We are just as puzzled as you  dannyboy as you say once its recorded it should have retained all recordings , but I am  positive that all my railway recordings WILL be repeated any way at some point .
All I can think of is my son Glenn must have thought he had to reboot the sky box instead of just switching it on .
Bob Tidbury

Skyline2uk

Once again due to the lovely nature of this fine forum and it's members, I am a happy chap.

@GScaleBruce has provided me with some NEM couplings so my JTA/JUA rake can now be hauled by my new 59/1 when Christmas comes round  :D

Said fine chap didn't want any payment, not even for postage.

He merely asked I "open my bits box" (steady on at the back) for fellow members in need.

I have also donated to the forum on his behalf  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

themadhippy

Todays happiness is brought to you by the greek 100 eyed monster that runs a  high street chain.Ordered a cooker last night as my old one is dying,the cost of new elements and an oven door (dont ask) is nearly as much as a new basic model.Not being 100% on the ball i manged to order the wrong model,didn't realise until this morning when i got the confirmation email,many swear words later  onto the company's on line chat ,explained my error and asked if i could  change the order and pay the difference. Not a  problem ,order changed without having to pay in full for the correct item,them wait several millennia for the refund of the incorrect ordered item,result number 1, get the card warmed up to pay the difference but no,when i asked how to pay the difference  "we've wavered that"result no2.
ok its still got to turn up,and previous dealings has shown that can be lacking,but at least they wont risk hermes.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

I ordered a new camera from them last night and reserved it for collection this morning. When I arrived I was greeted by a nice lady who told me where to go, (nicely). I got to the machine and another nice lady asked me if I wanted any help. She did what she had to do with the machine, I put my card in, entered the pin and when the receipt came out, the lady looked at it and said it would be ready at collection point A. I went over there, put the receipt on the counter, turned round and this voice says, "Here you go". It took about 5 seconds for the man to put the box on the counter - I was only in the shop about two minutes. This Covid thing has some advantages!  :)
David.

guest311

very impressed with Royal Mail today.

see rant on angry thread about Virgin, and hence my posting two parcels yesterday and hoping for delivery today, though give it's christmas eve not guaranteed even with special delivery.

just checked to see how things are going and one is showed as delivered, and the other out for delivery.

so hopefully both forum members will have their items for chrissie  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

I'm just shocked to see you in this thread, Alan :o
Are you lost? ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations