Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on September 08, 2016, 08:10:02 PM
Our beautiful greyound Gemma had to be put to sleep yesterday at the age of 13. She had a very happy life and passed away very peacefully. We all miss her but we have to move on.

Rather than have an extended mourning for her passing I thought I would name a loco after her as a memorial.

Today I bought a nice weathered green Hymek and would like to name it after  Gemma. Does anyone know a company that will do bespoke name plates to attach to N gauge locos.

I know that many of you will want to give consolations for Gemma's passing, as you have for other similar losses of pets, but I would prefer that you don't.

This is the happy thread and we are very content that Gemma led a good and comfortable life and would like to celebrate her life by naming this loco.

:) :thankyousign:
Slight change of plan. I've just ordered my first Union Mills loco - a T9 greyhound in SR Malachite Green. Will name this after my greyhound Gemma. Might still name the Hymek also as I've ordered a few spare name plates. Still gonna be a few weeks before I get the plates but will post photos when its all done.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Keith Bingham

I call my steam shed Union Mills, because I've got several of their fine locos. I hope you enjoy your new T9.

Keith Bingham

I'm missing a trick here. Silly of me.Of course, T9s were called Greyhounds.  A most appropriate tribute to your lovely Gemma.

austinbob

Quote from: Keith Bingham on September 20, 2016, 03:59:52 PM
I'm missing a trick here. Silly of me.Of course, T9s were called Greyhounds.  A most appropriate tribute to your lovely Gemma.
I googled to find out why T9's were nicknamed greyhounds. The best explanation I could find was that they had 'sprightly acceleration'.
Any other anecdotal explanations welcome.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

mr bachmann

had a nice run out in the car earlier , hood down , smooth and reliable slight 4 stroking will need mixture twiddling with , how ever the local 'stomping' ground I note has now been given a 40 mph limit - lucky got following the service bus and was able to get it up to 50  :claphappy:

(better ride than Flamingo Land  :D )

silly moo

After a month being confined to the house with my ankle in plaster and kept elevated, I can now hop around a bit after getting a moon boot. I can get into the railway room at last   :claphappy:  being semi-mobile again makes me appreciate simple things like being able to go to the kitchen and make myself a cup of tea.

In a few weeks there will be a local model railway show to go to so even more to look forward to.

:NGaugersRule:

silly moo

I kept sane by building a factory complex, terraced houses, Concorde and a tugboat. Did lots of model railway reading too.

Newportnobby

Quote from: silly moo on September 24, 2016, 02:30:39 PM
I kept sane by building a factory complex, terraced houses, Concorde and a tugboat. Did lots of model railway reading too.

Not sure even Brunel got around to that lot! :D

Bob Tidbury

It's good to hear your almost mobile again  ,and you have been busy well done .
Hope you enjoy the model show send us some pictures you know how nosey we are Veronica.
Bob

scotsoft

Quote from: silly moo on September 24, 2016, 02:30:39 PM

Hi Veronica,

Is the Concorde you built 1:148?
I have one to build at that scale and was surprised at the length of the fuselage.

Cheers John.

acko22

Well after an intersting day at the dapol open day. Having to make a speech twice was err interesting lol.

But 2 class 86s for £50 from the damages  sheleves and well only issue been th3 lights on one dont work (right now anyway) cant really argue.
Obly down side there was more about just couldnt be bothered with the scrum. But still a happy bunny with my 2 86s at £50
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

talisman56

Good speech it was, too.

The offered locos are way out of period for my layout, but for the cause at least one will be purchased to at least be a display model - just need to get a display shelf... :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

jonclox

:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: Just changed to a different inhaler as the type I had been using for months was doing me no good whatsoever.
:o Wow this new one hits the spot 100% and I can see us having a happy future together but do  realise that its still  early days :hmmm:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

That sounds like great news, Jon, and I hope the improvement remains constant for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations