Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: newportnobby on June 25, 2016, 01:31:45 PM
Full marks to Squidlet. Hope Dad was there to catch the train though :worried:
'Twas an ancient Fleischmann with brass gears, it reaches a scale speed of about 20mph even if you turn the controller all the way up to 11. Though it will pull the side of your house off (not that I've tried it, I don't know where you live  :P )

Bob Tidbury

I'm glad you enjoyed the afternoon Snowwolflair and thanks for your comment about my layout .Im sorry I made a bit of a cockup to start with but it was dificult talking to you all and operating the layout on my own, the center change over lines are a lot easier if you have two operators . But the rest of the layout is very simple to run. Please tell  your club members they are welcombe anytime .By the way my stepson and family finished of the rest of the refreshments in no time.
Bob

Newportnobby

When I started my physiotherapy course at the local gym there was a bloke there who I recognised but couldn't place where I'd seen him before, and I thought perhaps I'd seen him in Blackpool hospital.
He happened to mention this model railways at this morning's session and then the penny dropped. I'd seen him at local model railway shows as he is a member of the Leyland Model Railway Club who, as it happens, will be exhibiting their layout 'Heatherley' at TINGS this year. Some pics can be seen here......

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1399;u=264

It's always good to have a mate when you're being tortured by the physioterrorist!

JBQFC

after 18 months of trying the wife had got a job  :bounce:

daveg

Quote from: JBQFC on June 28, 2016, 07:29:20 PM

Many congrats!

It's hard work looking for work.

Well done and wish you both every success.  :beers:

Dave G

Skyline2uk

:claphappy:

As somebody who is also celebrating a partner getting a job (a few posts back), I can really appreciate how good that must feel.

Please pass on the congratulations from all in this house (myself, fiancée and cats!).

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

No matter how many jobs are out there, the applicant still has to convince that he/she is the right person for the job, so well done to your wife.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on June 28, 2016, 08:05:50 PM

No matter how many jobs are out there, the applicant still has to convince that he/she is the right person for the job, so well done to your wife.  :thumbsup:

And going by the number of applicants jobs attract your wife should be proud she has come out on top!
Congratulations to the lady.

Malc

If we had saved all the money spent on stationery, stamps and trips for interviews, when my wife was looking for a job, she wouldn't have needed the job.😃
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

railsquid

Via a local auction site I've just knocked a major item off my personal N gauge bucket list for about 2/3rds of the price it normally goes for, not bad especially as I was resigned to a bidding war putting it beyond my limit  :beers:

daveg

Quote from: railsquid on July 03, 2016, 03:02:38 PM
Via a local auction site I've just knocked a major item off my personal N gauge bucket list for about 2/3rds of the price it normally goes for, not bad especially as I was resigned to a bidding war putting it beyond my limit  :beers:

Do show n tell!  :)

Dave G

railsquid

Quote from: daveg on July 03, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: railsquid on July 03, 2016, 03:02:38 PM

Do show n tell!  :)

Something very much like this:

but ca. 160 times smaller :D

daveg

keerout

Oh, shiny!  8)
Gerard  :wave:

railsquid

It's been parked there for yonks, even visible on Google: https://goo.gl/maps/c8NvezPqMuv . I used to pass it regularly when I lived in Berlin, and was surprised to encounter it again in 2014. The former GDR's attempt at a TEE-style high-speed(ish) DMU. Model by Kato, of all people. I had no idea until I stumbled upon it in a display case in the Kato HQ shop here in Tokyo, which was a bit of a "what the ... " moment.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations