ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! NEW FARISH CATALOGUE 20TH JULY!

Started by bluedepot, June 21, 2014, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

Quote from: Roy L S on July 09, 2014, 08:39:34 PM
No, but then nor was the Black Five, and who is to say we couldn't see a 94xx on 00 too, no other manufacturer has done one since Lima in the late 70's.

I wonder if the Black 5 was a deliberate exception as it will always be a popular prototype (with presumably fairly bouyant sales that would be lost if a competitor had jumped in), and they had a suitable tender drive already available at the time.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Karhedron

After Dapol nabbed the 5700/8750 Panniers, Farish switched to the 6400 auto-panniers. I would be suprised to see them announced another GWR Pannier so quickly.

As always, happy to be proved wrong if it means more GWR. ;)
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Roy L S

Quote from: Karhedron on July 10, 2014, 09:21:29 AM
After Dapol nabbed the 5700/8750 Panniers, Farish switched to the 6400 auto-panniers. I would be suprised to see them announced another GWR Pannier so quickly.

As always, happy to be proved wrong if it means more GWR. ;)

It was a thought based on the longevity of the original Farish loco through it's various incarnations and re-tools to the very last with the finer blackened wheels post Bachmann takeover.

Following the introduction of the 57xx Farish always had both Panniers in their range and seemingly both sold well. It is a nice looking loco and likely to be possible to sell it DCC ready at a sensible price-point in today's market.

Anyway nuff said, I am probably miles off with all my predictions, and while I would definitely find a home for one (to go with my 1970 original) I would much prefer it to be an LNER tank loco in truth (Equally unlikely?)..

Regards

Roy

scottishlocos

Guys

On my wishlist is an Intercity Swallow livery class 37 and OTA wagons.
I am not sure which OO locos and wagons have not been produced in N but I think we will see some of these in the new range both steam and diesel.
And as ever the range of buildings will be expanded.

Regards

Dave

mr bachmann

come on guys you know its a set of Thompson coach's to go with th NGS full brake - is'nt that why they hung on to it ?

alan

georgehgv

I rather doubt that a catalogue will arrive on time anyway and if it does will be a reprint of 2013/14 with a different cover, there are so many still not released from there that they can milk it for a second year.

Farish could do worse than re release some of the older models that have all sold out for those of us newbies who want a discontinued model and cannot get one. Example I am searching for a 371-286 Class 47 but none to be found not even on Fleebay.

And while I am here Dapol are no better at new releases, but are at least announcing a re run of HST FGW,
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

carderrail

Quote from: georgehgv on July 14, 2014, 06:43:31 AM
Farish could do worse than re release some of the older models that have all sold out for those of us newbies who want a discontinued model and cannot get one. Example I am searching for a 371-286 Class 47 but none to be found not even on Fleebay.

Did you mean 371-226 FGW (Green) or 371-826 BR Green (The ones with the large bogie-body gap)?

Regards

Tony

Bealman

Quote from: Only Me on July 09, 2014, 08:21:33 PM
My money is firmly on a shrunken LMS 10000 in black and also green livery..
Now yer talkin'  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

georgehgv

Quote from: carderrail on July 14, 2014, 07:09:12 AM

Did you mean 371-226 FGW (Green) or 371-826 BR Green (The ones with the large bogie-body gap)?

Regards

Tony

duh, typo the 371-826 BR Green to go with my 371-825a. thanks.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Roy L S

I rather doubt that a catalogue will arrive on time anyway and if it does will be a reprint of 2013/14 with a different cover, there are so many still not released from there that they can milk it for a second year.

And while I am here Dapol are no better at new releases, but are at least announcing a re run of HST FGW,

Agreed BR two-tone green 47s are really hard to find, and I understand the reasoning for suggesting further runs of such popular liveries (and who knows we may see them) but re-runs still require production slots and capacity at the factory to do them and arguably that would hold up new releases (like the Class 40?!) even more.

Incidentally I don't think my BR Green 47 (D1745) without the BR logo - (the most recent two tone green one) has an excessive bogie/body gap. I believe it was tightened up after the first run.

Regards

Roy

Karhedron

Quote from: mr bachmann on July 13, 2014, 08:00:01 PM
come on guys you know its a set of Thompson coach's to go with th NGS full brake - is'nt that why they hung on to it ?

Actually, that would seem likely. They have a 2 large LNER pacifics now but all their locos sales will only be driving sales of Dapol's Gresleys. With the A2 due around the start of Q3, they might go for them.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Sipat

Anyone thought about some updated class 20's? the /3 and /9 variants in use would be popular I would think...

bluedepot

mr bachmann

woOO , you all must be getting exited !

try and think how hard it must be to keep tight lipped , staff at barwell , printer , publisher - not forgetting pillow talk  (.... :help:....)  :D

alan

georgehgv

Pillow talk ? Not that exciting it is only a catalogue full of maybes, somewhens and hopes

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations