Am i Mad!!?

Started by bbdave, September 08, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

I have just spent the last week at work eying up some dirty corners  Friday was spent gathering said dirt and spiriting it away in sandwich bags.
This has been added to some collected in Cornwall last week, then today i have been lovingly spreading it out on tin foil and heating it up to 150c for an hour or so, then it was sifted through a tea strainer to get a nice fine dust which is now PVA'd and curing on the layout to get as near as possible a proper earth colour. 

I bl**dy hope it looks right when dry.

Am i mad?? :laugh3: :drool:

Dave

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Tank

LOL   Well, if it works on the layout, why not?! :D

Jack

No Dave- just normal.... for an  :ngauge: Nut!! Although if you wanted dirt from Cornwall why didn't you just ask, I've got plenty in the back garden  :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

bbdave

Quote from: Jack9465 on September 08, 2012, 09:53:36 PM
No Dave- just normal.... for an  :ngauge: Nut!! Although if you wanted dirt from Cornwall why didn't you just ask, I've got plenty in the back garden  :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Well my Devon dirt was good but i wanted a bit of granite in there to so a trip to see some friends on the Lizard was in order. I really have thought about this to much

Dave

longbridge

Well Dave if you are mad it must be a trait of the Dave's cause I am mad as well.

I tried to find a particular coloured ballast for a layout but couldn't find what I wanted so with 37,000km of coastline around Oz I figured a small bucket of sand wouldn't be missed, I got my bucket of sand, washed it in tap water, laid silver foil on a baking tray, shoved it in the oven then sieved it out to get rid of the big stuff.

Everything went well until I mentioned it on another forum and had a bloke reply that he was coming round to smash my head in for taking a bucket of sand off the beach  ??? :help:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Jerry Howlett

Thats it I am now going to have to acquire some pidgeon droppings on my trip to the UK. Damn this authenticity... :laugh3:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

bbdave

Quote from: oldrailbug on September 08, 2012, 10:03:21 PM
Everything went well until I mentioned it on another forum and had a bloke reply that he was coming round to smash my head in for taking a bucket of sand off the beach  ??? :help:

Are well i gathered mine responsibly with a zero carbon footprint in fact i will make sure i produce at least three times as much dirt as i took. :confused1: :D.

Dave

Stevie DC

Quote from: oldrailbug on September 08, 2012, 10:03:21 PMEverything went well until I mentioned it on another forum and had a bloke reply that he was coming round to smash my head in for taking a bucket of sand off the beach  ??? :help:

Lord help the sea if that guy ever manages to catch it!

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: oldrailbug on September 08, 2012, 10:03:21 PM
Perhaps with all that sand to choose from, you shouldn't have nicked his sandcastle and bucket :laugh:

trainsdownunder

If you get any left over I'm sure you could flog it on Ebay.

You never know it might generate another post under the Ebay Madness topic !

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations