Accurascale Inviting Interest in them Shrinking Their OO Gauge Models

Started by NGS-PO, February 20, 2023, 03:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Whilst that's true, that it's not simply 'hit a button to rescale', per the title Accurascale themselves have said they would start with something from their OO gauge range, which is logical. So... not sure of your point?

NGS-PO

Quote from: njee20 on March 19, 2023, 05:43:30 PM
Whilst that's true, that it's not simply 'hit a button to rescale', per the title Accurascale themselves have said they would start with something from their OO gauge range, which is logical. So... not sure of your point?

Agreed.

After speaking to Accurascale in Glasgow, one of the biggest drivers for stipulating one of their existing models to be used as a first foray into N gauge was the fact that a lot of the hard work had been done. Prototype research, dimensions, livery artwork, etc.

Best

Scott
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

martyn

How about the newly announced J67/68/69?

Looks good to me and would be useful!

Martyn

cmason

Quote from: martyn on March 20, 2023, 08:22:19 AM

Martyn

That would totally get my vote!

Colin.

03piggs

Quote from: cmason on March 20, 2023, 09:50:22 AM
Quote from: martyn on March 20, 2023, 08:22:19 AM

Martyn

That would totally get my vote!

I second this

Stu

Colin.

TomE

Well here's the video we recorded at Alexandra Palace. Be gentle, it's the first time we've done this  :worried:

Hopefully it's of interest!

Tom. 

Roy L S

Nicely done and very interesting, as we already have RevolutioN doing lots of more modern stuff hopefully we will see Accurascale looking at some of the other eras - I do wonder how the J69 would have done in the poll had it been known about  :)

Roy

Newportnobby

I like the idea of 'virtual' rolling stock packs but fear as a transition era modeller there won't be much for me.
Even though I can justify many items from 4 regions of British Railways, even I can't think why a J69 (if it were to happen) could make its way to Oxfordshire :no:

Dalek

It will be interesting to see what these guys put forward, they did mention mk1 coaches which is something that's just unavailable like almost everything else, the whole scale has moved onto pre orders due to supply & demand and it's not so easy on the pocket when they all arrive at once  :*(

Firstone18

I am really hoping Accurascale will be including N Gauge in their range; it will help with my perceived poor quality issues with Dapol and Bachfar. I say perceived as this is based on my experience with models I have purchased (6 - all sent back) and similar experiences of fellow club members. I also had issues with two Sonic locos, both of which were returned as neither would run properly. I then purchased a Minitrix Boadicea, it runs superbly; maybe not up to the level of detail of current offerings, but it looks the part with a full length train, and was very easy to convert to DCC.  I've looked at the Accurascale Deltic in 00 owned by other club members and they are fantastic; makes me consider going back to 00 modelling!
Go for it Accurascale!!!
Cheers :beers:
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Hightower

That sounds very positive from the video that they're probably doing more than just thinking about n gauge and are likely to make an announcement later in the year.

Mark

Another vote for Mk2s. Would be good to see Accurascale join the ever-expanding ranks of N Gauge manufacturers.

Mark

Bob G

I've got their Mark 2b's on order for my OO collection - but only four of those for my class 33 on a Waterloo-Exeter run.

In N I will want eight, so there's the rub.
I think Accurascale are seeing this too, that people can run full length trains in N when they can't in OO.

Bring it on!
Bob

Aire Valley

Quote from: TomE on March 23, 2023, 10:16:44 AM
Well here's the video we recorded at Alexandra Palace. Be gentle, it's the first time we've done this  :worried:

Hopefully it's of interest!

Tom.

I enjoyed the video, Tom and I'm a fan of the idea/concept. I think the Mk2 would be popular in N, as would their HAA (Farish have taken years to deliver their "coming soon" re-release and the Accurascale tooling is far superior). For a N gauge modeller it would be much more efficient to buy virtual packs of coaches or a 12x pack of wagons that operated in long rakes.

Perhaps now might be a good time to do the next NGN poll, based on rolling stock? The last one for powered models was really interesting.

Cheers,

Tim

JimSan

Out of the models listed, I'd put my vote for some more Mk1s and Mk2s in NSE livery, considering how much they go for on eBay these days!
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations