Accurascale Inviting Interest in them Shrinking Their OO Gauge Models

Started by NGS-PO, February 20, 2023, 03:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aire Valley

Mk2 b/c coaches would be my choice and likely to be popular.

Not sure about the wagons. Initially I would have said the HAA but I can think of at least 15 other wagon types that have not been produced by anyone that I would much prefer to see released first, instead of a newer tooled HAA to rival what is a perfectly reasonable Farish model.

Tim

gc4946

Of those on their list I want them to shrink the following models:

Coaches:
BR Mark 1 Non-gangway Suburban - CL, SLO
BR Mark 2b - BFK, FK, QXA (RTC Test Vehicles), SK, TSO
BR Mark 2c - BFK, BSO, FK, FO, SK, SO, TSO, TSO(T)
GWR Siphon G

Wagons:
NER 20T Hopper
SR Banana Van
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

GlenEglise

Locomotives

Class 37

Coaches

BR Mark 2b - BFK, FK, QXA (RTC Test Vehicles), SK, TSO
BR Mark 2c - BFK, BSO, FK, FO, SK, SO, TSO, TSO(T)
BSO, TSOT, CK (Ex FK) in Blue

Wagons

MHA Ballast Wagon

icairns

Steven B

Given that most of the problems with the Farish class 37 (ride height & lack of Next18 decoder with associated improved lighting and factory fitted speaker) could easily be fixed by Farish with a chassis upgrade as per the 31 and 60 I wonder if it's the best starting point.

That said, a new model of some other variations would be welcome - Dapol and Farish still turn out new class 66 in competition with each other.

Quote from: scruff on February 21, 2023, 07:39:16 PM
A class 89 and mk2b/c coaches for me to start with, then Yeoman and ARC PTA, Then i will be bankrupt!

No need for Accurascale to make the PTA, Revolution Trains are already making them in British Steel, Yeoman and ARC liveries
https://revolutiontrains.com/70s-boxes-from-revolution/

They're also doing the JSA covered steel wagon conversions.

Steven B

snitchthebudgie

NGS-PO

I dropped a line to Accurascale to alert them to the fact this thread was running here, and they've advised that a number of their team are forum members, and apparently they are N modellers, so you're comments are being taken on board.

On that note, I don't think I've expressed my view here, so of the OO models I'd personally be interested in:

Skinhead 30/31 (a single example)
HUO hoppers (a train length)
MDO (a train length)
Coil A (six-nine)
SR Banana Van (a handful)

On top of that Mk2 coaches would be an excellent model to help grow the scale - very much required by the BR Blue (and onwards) brigade.

Best

Scott.

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

martyn

@NGS-PO

Nooooo-not a skinhead and a toffee apple-I've just converted two of mine :D. At least they'd be different to the Farish bodies.

Nope, for me personally, nothing, though I'm glad some one is potentially producing more models.

Martyn

Later-perhaps a Banana or two...

Branchie

I'd love to see them shrink the Mk2b and 2c coaches.

If it was a choice of one or the other the Mk2c would be my first preference.

Mk2b: I would probably make a "rule 1" purchase of a 9 coach West of England rake in NSE.

Mk2c: Several blue/grey TSOs, a couple of 64xx open seconds (ex-FO), a blue/grey ScotRail branded CK (ex FK), BSO, TSO(T) and I'd go for an IC executive BFK too.

Class 89: I'd buy at least one (IC Executive)

Whilst not a "shrink ray" project, it would be great to see an original 1964-build Mk2 FK in N, as these had so many detail differences to a Mk2a: different window proportions with 4-part sliding ventilators; Mk1 "Pullman" gangway bellows; plain rather than folding gangway doors. An air disc-braked variant was used on the class 27 Edinburgh-Glasgow push pull service in the 1970s, and one survived as a departmental until around 2015, as ADB975290 Test Car 6. Bachmann have modelled this type of coach in OO but got the window/ventilator proportions wrong, and Farish (N) and Heljan (O) have passed off a Mk2a as a Mk2 despite the differences. So there isn't an accurate scale model (hint) of this type in any scale...yet!

Hope that helps

Tom.

JulianO

Steven B

Out of interest, how many of those of us who are asking for non-air-con Mk2s would still be asking for them if Farish re-ran their Mk2a more often?
I wonder what proportion of us care/worry about the differences between Mk2a, Mk2b and Mk2c?

Steven B

Yet_Another

Quote from: Steven B on February 23, 2023, 09:15:09 AM
I wonder what proportion of us care/worry about the differences between Mk2a, Mk2b and Mk2c?
I don't know. What are the differences between a Mk2a, a Mk2b & a Mk2c?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

SD35

I guess it depends on where and when you model.  I would love a rake of Mk 2Cs to run with a pair of 50s or a Can to cover the WCML from 1971 to 1985 and some extras for a mixed cross country rake.  I have enough 2As but they are busy on S&C and G&SWR work.   :D

JBQFC

Quote from: Yet_Another on February 23, 2023, 12:45:26 PM
Quote from: Steven B on February 23, 2023, 09:15:09 AM
I don't know. What are the differences between a Mk2a, a Mk2b & a Mk2c?

MK 2c coaches have doors the rap around the ends like the air con coaches
MK 2A coach my pic
99680 by john brace, on Flickr

MK 2C not my pic by MKDARLO
Garelochhead by MKDarlo (Richard), on Flickr

John

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP