Accurascale Inviting Interest in them Shrinking Their OO Gauge Models

Started by NGS-PO, February 20, 2023, 03:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

The people behind Accurascale have invited N-Gauge modellers to express all and any interest in them producing N-Gauge versions of their OO models on RMWeb.

To try and capture the views if those who do not frequent RMWeb, I thought I'd mirror the thread here for people to express their thoughts on such a notion.  If there are sufficient responses I can direct Accurascale here to have a look.

Remember, this isn't a wish list, they are only offering to look at prototypes they already make

The following is a list of past, current and future Accurascale models:

Locomotives

Class 30/31
Class 37
Class 50
Class 55
Class 89
Class 92
GWR 7800 Manor

Coaches

BR Mark 1 Non-gangway Suburban - BS, BT, CL, S, SLO, T, TO
BR Mark 2b - BFK, FK, QXA (RTC Test Vehicles), SK, TSO
BR Mark 2c - BFK, BSO, FK, FO, SK, SO, TSO, TSO(T)
Mark 5 - Caledonian Sleeper
Mark 5a - TransPennine Express
GWR Siphon G

Wagons

CDA China Clay
Cemflo/PCV
KAV/Coil A
Cutdown HYA Hopper
FNA-D Nuclear Carrier
HOP24 HUO
HYA-IIA Hopper
IIA Biomass
JSA Coil Carrier
KUA Nuclear Carrier
MDO/MDV 21 Ton Mineral
HAA Hopper
HBA Hopper
HCA Hopper
HDA Hopper
HMA Hopper
MHA Ballast Wagon
NER 20T Hopper
NER 4T Chaldron
PCO17B/C PCA Cement
PFA Container Flat
PTA/JTA+JUA Tippler
SR Banana Van

Best

Scott.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

pinball

From a personal point of view, the Mark 2s and Mark 1s would be very high on my list, especially the Mark 2s.

An improved 37 I suspect would be popular too, and I think the 89 would go down well. MGR wagons of various types as well.

Can't see much point in duplicating the 31s or 50s which I think are some of the best models from Farish and Dapol. Others may disagree on that!

Smartie6466

zwilnik

I'd certainly be interested in BR Mk2 coaching stock and class 37s to pull them.

Dorsetmike

I sometimes wonder if manufacturers know there were such things as steam locos, or come to that anything pre nationalisation, 5 items pre BR  out of 36 listed, only 1 steam loco and that a GWR 4-6-0, still no SR 4-6-0 RTR.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Jeebee

For me personally, the most exciting parts of accurascale range are matched by Revolution projects.

I'd certainly look at 37s especially if they were pre-fitted speakers and in the range of liveries they list in 00
Mk2s as well although it's Fs that I want really., their Cs do look nice so perhaps a rule 1 purchase
Mk1s in a 'heritage' or West Coast Railways charter set would be of interest

everyone is always clamouring for more coaches so that would be a sound bet

All in I'd welcome a broader market, but I'm not the one risking the money.

njee20

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 20, 2023, 04:13:27 PM
I sometimes wonder if manufacturers know there were such things as steam locos, or come to that anything pre nationalisation, 5 items pre BR  out of 36 listed, only 1 steam loco and that a GWR 4-6-0, still no SR 4-6-0 RTR.

I sometimes wonder if manufacturers know there were such things as diesels and electrics. If you look at Union Mills back catalogue there's no diesels or electrics in there at all. In fact there's nothing post about 1960.

Back on topic the 37 and mk2s are the obvious candidates given the duplications elsewhere.   

zwilnik

Quote from: njee20 on February 20, 2023, 05:19:30 PM
Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 20, 2023, 04:13:27 PM

I sometimes wonder if manufacturers know there were such things as diesels and electrics. If you look at Union Mills back catalogue there's no diesels or electrics in there at all. In fact there's nothing post about 1960.

Back on topic the 37 and mk2s are the obvious candidates given the duplications elsewhere.   

ooh, I didn't see the Manor at the bottom of the loco list. I'd want at least one of those too as the only one I've got is the naff Dapol/Ixion one :)

Southerngooner

Most of these are to modern for my taste, but the SR Banana van would be good. I wonder how seriously they are looking given that a lot of these have been done in N already? There are also lots of complaints on this forum about things being too detailed these days, and given that Accurascales USP is making better models than already out there, would that work in N?

Just my thoughts

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

jamespetts

Peertube > Youtube

jpendle

Quote from: Southerngooner on February 20, 2023, 06:35:25 PM
There are also lots of complaints on this forum about things being too detailed these days, and given that Accurascales USP is making better models than already out there, would that work in N?
Dave
Making accurate, well detailed models seems to work pretty well for Revolution!

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

zwilnik

Quote from: Southerngooner on February 20, 2023, 06:35:25 PM
Most of these are to modern for my taste, but the SR Banana van would be good. I wonder how seriously they are looking given that a lot of these have been done in N already?

I think they might have noticed that while a lot of the models on their list have been done in N, they're not exactly 'out there' to buy as many of us are finding (especially with coaching stock). So if demand is outstripping the supply from other manufacturers that's possibly an opportunity for them.

jmupton2000

No point duplicating classes 31, 37 or 55.  Mk2 coaches in sufficient quantities (and crucially a proper ratio of brakes/restaurants to the far more popular and common open variants) are a no brainer and wagons of whatever flavour usually sell well.

The Class 50 is a definite must as a priority, that misshapen lump that Dapol put out purporting to be a 50 is a utter dogs dinner, particularly around the cab front windows etc, in fact the whole thing is off.

Ben A

Hello all,

To save others looking it up these are the models either already produced, in production, or in development by Revolution from the list offered by Scott.  Naturally forum members are welcome to suggest what they like, but the reality is for a first model it would make no sense for Accurascale to duplicate something already produced or in the pipeline to modern standards.

Class 92

Mark 5 - Caledonian Sleeper
Mark 5a - TransPennine Express

Cemflo/PCV
FNA-D Nuclear Carrier
JSA Coil Carrier
KUA Nuclear Carrier
PFA Container Flat
PTA/JTA+JUA Tippler

In addition, the PCO17B/C PCA Cement wagon has been produced by Accurascale for Realtrack in N.

cheers

Ben A.

Adam1701D

My preference would be for the Class 37, Class 89 and Mk2B/C coaches.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations