Graham Farrish "the Highlander" set contents

Started by Ric Shortman, October 09, 2020, 05:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

Code 55 looks better and is stronger, but as has been said there is no sectional track only flexi. There are no code 55 points as compact as the Setrack points - that's not necessarily a bad thing as the Setrack points can be tight for large steam locos.

It really depends whether you want to make the leap to bending and using flexi now, or maybe get a basic layout or two under your belt first using code 80 and Setrack to gain experience of N gauge? 
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

class8mikado

Quote from: ntpntpntp on October 09, 2020, 05:57:54 PM
It seems to be a popular set for breaking and selling the loco and stock separately.

Which is how  i have come into owning a couple of  Green and Cream Mk2's, now after the Coach Pack with another Mk2  and the DMU end  hopefully for less than the silly money usually required.
... is that a factual thing ? did they run with a DMU end; was it  just as an observation Car or Driving trailer ?.
In terms of Motive Power suppose it can only be a 37 (?)... has one eve rbeen done in Scotrail ? or am i best trying to  rebadge a regional Railways to look something like ?

SD35

It was used as an observation car for a small supplement.

Not at home at the moment but off the top of my head I had the following to Kyle on that set:

37156, 37240, 37294 - "Dutch" grey and yellow
37402, 37404 - IC mainline

class8mikado

tunneroner61

I commend you (and all others) to check out this super site for models N Gauge. Class 37 page linked: http://www.ngauge.org.uk/bac_dloco_37.php

SD35

Quote from: class8mikado on September 12, 2022, 05:48:21 PM
Super info. What Years were you travelling.

That was the summers of 1991 - 1994.  The pair of green 26s may have dropped on it too although I have no evidence.

class8mikado

So these would be last 2 class 26's that were repainted into an earlier livery to commemorate their service prior to withdrawal ? and this trip a bit of a one off, still they are easier on my eye than a blue 37 and  one better than 'rule 1'.
My thanks !

class8mikado

Update, i think i have managed to get hold of a Dapol 26 -  its in the correct livery but thinking of getting it renumbered and rebadged as  d5300 (26007) complete with Scotty Dog. or perhaps d5301 (26001) with an Eastfield nameplate ...
Can anyone recomend an outfit capable of doing this for me  ? beyond my skill level...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations