BR Lines

Started by Tonye, July 13, 2020, 08:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

:hellosign: Looks like Br Lines will only be selling G F spares from now on . A new guy from Leicester has taken on the roll as a repairer . Lee has repaired a few engines for me and has done a excellent job and I wish him well on his new adventure.

Tony..   
Tony .H

crewearpley40

mickeyflinn

I've copied this directly from BR Lines website;

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS

In light of the global situation and national restrictions, we would like to stress we are still supplying you with spare parts for your locomotives. No doubt this hobby will occupy you well during these difficult times. Spares can be ordered and paid for on this website, if you can't see what you need please phone us – we are still here. We will endeavour to get them delivered as normal, but of course we do need to bear in mind supply and postal deliveries which may make a slight difference to our usual fast service.

HOWEVER repairs to your locos are a different thing. The ones I already have I will carry on with and get them back to you as soon as ever possible, but please can we ask that you do not send anymore at this time – if you could wait until the end of June when the situation may be clearer to us all, and then phone or email to find out the situation with regard to repairing locos.

Thank you all for your patience and hopefully your continued business on the spares side of things. Wishing you all continued good health until we get passed this situation.

Bob and Margaret Russell – B. R. Lines.
"

To me, this reads as though this is only during the current Covid-19 situation and that Bob is doing it to protect his family from any source of infection.

Paddy

I have used Bob services several times and always found him to be top notch.  No doubt Bob must be getting on now as it was 20 years since Bachmann bought Farish.  Bob's knowledge of the original Farish mechanisms is second to none and if this leads to retirement then it will be a big loss.

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Newportnobby

Quote from: mickeyflinn on July 13, 2020, 10:59:31 AM
if you could wait until the end of June when the situation may be clearer to us all, and then phone or email to find out the situation with regard to repairing locos.

With this being 2 weeks out of date, it's worth contacting Bob to find out the current situation

Train Waiting

There's a paragraph on page 35a of this month's Railway Modeller (August 2020).  BR Lines has a new website to sell spare parts www.farishnspares.co.uk  Repairs will be done by Mr Lee Palmer at LP Rails.

BR Lines will continue to welcome enquiries for technical advice.

Hope this helps.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bob Tidbury

I have had a few FARISH locos that I couldnt fix myself repaired by Lee and he is very good and reasonably priced .
But for Dapol Diesels send to Only Me of this Parish he can work wonders with their circuit boards .I dont think Paul does Dapol steam locos though .
Bob Tidbury

pgtips

I was Lee's first customer, lovely guy and did a great job on my green arrow 👍

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations