Notifications

Started by Graham, January 25, 2020, 01:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstrains

Nothing in my SPAM folder either but like Roger i'm also on BT.

Mito

Nor me. Just an alert for this thread.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

swisstrains

I have changed the original BT email address in my profile to my Gmail one and lo and behold I have started to receive notifications again. I will leave it for a few days and then change it back to see what happens.

Mito

I've changed to a Yahoo address and still nothing. On my profile it says I'm not receiving any notifications but I can't see any way to change that.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

rogerdB

On the Wrenton thread I changed my setting from email only to email and alerts. And I did get an alert this morning, but still no email. I've just changed the setting on this thread, too, so will await the next post here!

dannyboy

How about this - Can we have another picture please?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

rogerdB

Quote from: dannyboy on January 29, 2020, 02:37:58 PM
How about this - Can we have another picture please?
No email, no alert. Maybe it takes a while for the system to update settings - I'd only just changed the setting on this thread when I posted. Will try to find a photo for this evening!

swisstrains

Quote from: Mito on January 29, 2020, 01:49:59 PM
I've changed to a Yahoo address and still nothing. On my profile it says I'm not receiving any notifications but I can't see any way to change that.

It says the same on mine even though I am now receiving notifications again. I don't understand it.
I think the three of us must be the victims of a glitch in the forum software.

rogerdB

Quote from: swisstrains on January 29, 2020, 08:23:12 PM
Quote from: Mito on January 29, 2020, 01:49:59 PM

It says the same on mine even though I am now receiving notifications again. I don't understand it.
I think the three of us must be the victims of a glitch in the forum software.

Same here. Alerts, no emails.

swisstrains

Changed back to my original BT email address today and notifications have stopped again. :(
During the change I did not receive a validation email and had to request a second one which came through OK.  ???
Tried changing between BT and Gmail several times and a second validation email was always required when changing to BT. ???
Currently back on Gmail.

Tank

Hi all,

All email notifications have been sent as normal from the forum and server.  I can only suggest contacting your email providers and making sure that we're on their White List.

swisstrains

Quote from: Tank on January 31, 2020, 09:28:48 PM
Hi all,

All email notifications have been sent as normal from the forum and server.  I can only suggest contacting your email providers and making sure that we're on their White List.

Easier said than done with BT  :D :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations