what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

thats a donor coach andy with overlays ?

looks superb behind the sleeper train !!!

AndyRA

Quote from: crewearpley40 on September 27, 2019, 07:54:20 PM
thats a donor coach andy with overlays ?

looks superb behind the sleeper train !!!

It's all built from leftovers. The roof, underframe, and ends were from an old B H Enterprise kit, with plain plasticard sides added.

Andy.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

crewearpley40

thanks andy

i will pass that onto bob and ray they will be delighted to see a BHE kit in service. superb as ever

maridunian

Quote from: AndyRA on September 27, 2019, 07:51:40 PM
Ends, roof and underframe stuck together. Lower well deck sides stuck to the underframe with some balsa wood strengthening.

Great to hear that shout out for balsa wood!

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Newportnobby

Quote from: maridunian on September 27, 2019, 09:36:24 PM
Quote from: AndyRA on September 27, 2019, 07:51:40 PM
Ends, roof and underframe stuck together. Lower well deck sides stuck to the underframe with some balsa wood strengthening.

Great to hear that shout out for balsa wood!

Mike

You are Thor Heyerdahl in disguise and I claim my £5 :laugh3:

Ted

I had quite the fight with this one, I had to remove the standard socket and solder the decoder directly to the PCB (not without issues)!

Sound supplied by Digitrains of Lincoln
- MX649N Micro 6 Pin Decoder
- Rail Exclusive SP12X8X8 MINI BOX 8 Ohm
- Weathered by me (not finished)
- I still need to detail the front and weather the lower half/bogies

I installed the speaker in the fuel tank and removed the socket, hardwired (soldered) the chip directly to the loco PCB. This was a horrible job, but it meant I could keep all lights working!

It sounds amazing, especially when you consider this is a tiny Class 25 and one of the smallest locos available.
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

gavin_t

First go at ballasting. Here's hoping I haven't ruined my perfect running layout  :-\

dannyboy

That looks fine. Just make sure that there are no stray bits on the top or inside of the rails.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

gavin_t

Quote from: dannyboy on October 22, 2019, 08:02:15 PM
That looks fine. Just make sure that there are no stray bits on the top or inside of the rails.  :thumbsup:

Picked off all th3 bits I could see. Once fully dry tomorrow I will give it a clean and a test. Fingers crossed!  :-\

Pjlons83

I've been working on ideas for a little corner of my layout that needs "filling" with something.

I'm going to keep working on this idea and see how it develops. It's my first go at a metcalfe mini kit for the benches and I have to say they're VERY fiddly but I managed this and the shed set too so all in all a nice evening spent "playing". I've also printed a new decal for the burger van so it will soon be under new management.   :)
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

chrism

Alternating between wiring Woodland and making the station building for Torver - oh, and wiring Haverthwaite down at the club. Little chance of me getting bored ;)

crewearpley40

Thats some going chris. Im building a low relief kit and siting buildings

chrism

Quote from: crewearpley40 on November 03, 2019, 06:36:47 AM
Thats some going chris.

Alternating between Woodland's wiring and Torver's building is because my spare room, where the layouts are, is adjacent to the neighbours' bedroom so I don't like to make any noise in there until a reasonable hour. I can work on building making in another room.

Haverthwaite gets Wednesday evenings and roughly one additional afternoon/evening a week, depending on when at least two of us are available - this week, it's this afternoon.

crewearpley40

Keep up the good work chris. Look forward to the next thread in the coniston railway

maridunian

Getting some Peco chassis kits ready for Anchor-mounted Tanks I'm expecting in the next few days:

Although the bodies were originally designed with a 10' wheelbase chassis (left) in mind, over the quarter century that this type of tank was built, various other chasses were also used.

The 15' WB (centre) will become an ICI ferry tank and the 9' (right) will represent several wagons used by BP subsidiaries. The 15' features flush coupling-pocket plugs made from 5mm chunks of Peco sleepers.

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations