Hattons Model Railways Limited and Bachmann Europe PLC

Started by Peter K, September 19, 2019, 09:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter K

As RM September 2019 effectively confirmed, two of the largest entities in the entire UK scale modelling sector find themselves in a trade dispute.

The purpose of this thread is not to propagate conspiracy theories, nor is it for there to be a partisan divide between Hatton's and Bachmann supporters, especially not on an alleged piece of flaky 'evidence' of a perceived tort. That said, it is inevitable that a degree of debate will occur, and I appeal to 'the angels of your better nature' to avoid hijacking the thread.

The key purposes of this thread are:

• To act as a channel from which those with information can publish it
  • To offer a place to corroborate with others apparent reasons for the dispute (but NOT to wantonly spread fake reasons)
  • To act as a platform with which curious individuals may find out more about the dispute

To start off, my questions.

1. Have Bachmann deliveries resumed (Sep 2019)? - when such a time comes, will an administrator please lock the thread
2. Have new, reliably informed developments come about?

njee20

This has been done several times. There is nothing really to say, therefore it'll just be speculation and off topic discussion.

Hatton's are not currently supplied by Bachmann. The exact reasons for this are not known but essentially it's because Hatton's became a manufacturer, in contravention of Bachmann's terms.

This may be resolved in the future, but both parties have been tight-lipped.

thebrighton

This has been discussed to death already in other threads and on other forums so can't see why we need another to discuss it all again and go round in the same circles. It's all speculation and I doubt very much this will be the platform where "those with information can publish it" would publish it.
Have a read of the other threads which will go some way to answer your questions but chances are we'll never know for sure.

emjaybee

No offence, but this is just replicating that which already exists.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Tank

:locked:  Locked due to threads already existing.  Also, I feel that it's best not to speculate about it and await any official information (if any!) about the matter.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations