Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: fguy on February 09, 2024, 10:40:26 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on February 09, 2024, 10:10:58 PM
Quote from: fguy on February 09, 2024, 09:26:01 PMPeople are chatting a lot on FB about this model, it seems that the very special Class 47 are selling like hot cakes.
I must admit that new retooling and special livery are appealing.

However, I searched for a long time on the Bachmann website, but impossible to find flowers  :no:
So for valentine, I've bought this model  :D
My first blue BR locomotive.

Note please that livery was not exactly 'BR Blue' as it was a few shades lighter although I know you didn't mean that

Yes English is my primary school foreign language. As I did'nt made great studies, I 've a very low level. I apologise for past and future mistakes in my writings. I was writing about general colour only and not the Era 6 futur scheme

No need to apologise. Your English is far superior to my French!!
I knew exactly what you meant but just wanted to clarify it for anyone else unaware.

Quote from: Bob G on February 09, 2024, 11:57:30 PMsmall bycicling lion

Eh? ;)

Quote from: Bob G on February 09, 2024, 11:57:30 PMit then went to toothpaste green livery in 1956.

Could you please advise where you source your green toothpaste so I can avoid the place :worried:

Bob G

@Newportnobby since I cant spell I meant a small early BR emblem, and as for the toothpaste livery, it is a white-red-white stripe (toothpaste) on brunswick green body colour.

Happy now? I don't think anyone has made green toothpaste since the experiment in blue margarine to distinguish it from butter :(

Bob

emjaybee

Quote from: Bob G on February 09, 2024, 11:57:30 PM
Quote from: icairns on February 08, 2024, 03:47:50 AMI am definitely interested in getting one the twins in black but with the early emblem.  I believe that both locos ran this way from Spring 1951 to the end of Summer 1956 when they were painted Brunswick green.  So, I suppose I could either add the BR emblem using a decal to a plain black one, or wait for GF to produce the version that I want.  But how long might this be? 

Ian

I've ordered the black unbadged one as a base to work as an SR one (1952-55 period with small bycicling lion). It is missing two lamp irons and two marker lights at each end, but I have the kits and never noticed or cared too much, so long as the livery was right. The larger early emblem was used when it returned to the LMR in 1955 and it then went to toothpaste green livery in 1956.

I'm surprised they did the double stripe orange one, as that only ran for a year on the LMR before they went to a single duck-egg blue stripe on green (with many variants on whether the front doors carried the stripe or not). Still, its common for manufacturers to make the versions people don't want first :)

Best
Bob

I suspect, as previously mentioned that the black with the early emblem will be released at a later stage, be it 3 months, 6 months or a years time. As stated earlier, there's a gap in the model number sequence which would fit in perfectly with the missing variations.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bob Tidbury

The XP 47 made its first trip to High Wycombe and Princes Risborough and I am sure it was a lighter shade of Blue than the new Farish model though I haven't seen a model only photos so it might just be the colour printing of the photo .I have a model of XP 47 done for me by Stuart Wright and its a lot lighter and more like I remember seeing it in Risborough.

Chris Morris

If Sonic offer a king it should be here by around 2030. It has to be said that Bachmann do a great job of delivering on time.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Carmont

Ordered Wednesday afternoon, delivered Friday morning.

msr

Further to this discussion about the shade of blue, here are my two end to end: the new Farish on the left and the much older CJM on the right.

Bob G

Hailstone

are there any pictures of the XP64 loco and stock ex works? it may be that like the blood and custard coaches the blue faded rather quickly, which may be why BR opted for a different shade?

Regards,

Alex

Hailstone

Quote from: Chris Morris on February 11, 2024, 02:47:15 PMIf Sonic offer a king it should be here by around 2030. It has to be said that Bachmann do a great job of delivering on time.
The problem there is that since the original Graham Farish product, 2 small manufacturers have announced then failed to produce a model, which would make any of the current companies think twice about taking it on.
As for the disappearance of the Castle, Duchess and Merchant navy I personally beleive that Farish are retooling them for sound like all of their recent releases.

Regards,

Alex

Nbodger

Quote from: Hailstone on February 11, 2024, 09:18:59 PMare there any pictures of the XP64 loco and stock ex works? it may be that like the blood and custard coaches the blue faded rather quickly, which may be why BR opted for a different shade?

Regards,

Alex

Alex @Hailstone

How about this one

XP64

Bob Tidbury

Thanks Crewearpley40 that photo of XP in Wycombe station was I think its first outing which terminated at Princes Risborough where I saw it and so it couldnt have faded on its first trip .
I think Farish have got the colour wrong and I will stick with my one from Stuart I trust him to have got the colour as close to the original as he could .
My one looks the same as the C J M version and Chris was an expert modeler and like Stuart would have done a lot of research to get things right .
SORRY Farish but I think you have got it wrong .

Carmont

With genuine and utmost respect to all involved, I find these discussions regarding paint colour particularly frustrating.  We're relying on "evidence" of photographs that may have been taken on different emnulsions of film, different colour "temperatures" of the day, different weather and atmospheric conditions, we then take those photographs and either publish/scan them into book form with all the different variations of the scanning and publishing process, or scan to be displayed on a computer monitor, with all the variations in monitor colour reproduction, and then in some cases combine that with a memory of what we think we saw 60 years ago (!) and come to a conclusion that a manufacturer has got the colour wrong.

As an example, here are two publicity images of the same locomotive, snipped from one of the youtube videos Chris linked to:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations