Dapol A4 Mallard - Repainted Into Network SouthEast Livery.

Started by Tank, February 19, 2020, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbeast

I guess I'll chime in too.. although my Mum used to say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything :)

Good job on just applying Rule 1 to the max!

That said I don't have a problem with re-paints, I just really don't like the NSE livery on anything, and on such a beautiful locomotive too, its just so jarring!

I think I have to go and look at some black and white photos of GWR branchline services just to give my retinas chance to calm down :)!

zwilnik

I like it. It's a great "what if" (which most of our layouts have at least a tiny aspect of). You mentioned considering the yellow warning panels and I think the small panel would work on the nose where there's even a panel area lined out for it.

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Tank on February 21, 2020, 01:03:59 PM
Quote from: class37025 on February 21, 2020, 12:57:40 PM
Tours stretched all over the network promoting the values and innovations

so, I take it that either it's late / cancelled / overcrowded  :smiley-laughing:

Nope nope, there was never one late train ever.  Never never!  :D

I can verify what Tank is saying here. There were NEVER any late NSE trains. Never once in all the NSE years did I ever stand on the platform at Bat & Ball cursing a late train. It just didn't happen. It was the red speed stripe along the livery that kept them on time.  ::)

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Mr Sprue

@Tank  So..er..Whats next to be added to the NSE engine shed Chris? Will the 'Flying Scotsman' come south to don the 'Toothpaste' livery?  :D

crewearpley40

BR lined green will be my preference
Nse had it's time
Best suited to stations in my opinion and leaflets

emjaybee

Quote from: Mr Sprue on February 21, 2020, 05:30:07 PM
@Tank  So..er..Whats next to be added to the NSE engine shed Chris? Will the 'Flying Scotsman' come south to don the 'Toothpaste' livery?  :D

THAT I would like to see.

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

GWR-Kris

Must say I do like to see locos in liveries they may never of carried mostly diesels. But must admit that looks awesome and very well done. Please Flying Scotsman in NSE colours would be awesome..

BramptonBranch

Oh come on guys (and girls) don't encourage him!
After just coming home from York and the NRM with grandson aged 6 and drooling over Mallard in LNER blue
How on earth does one explain THAT?

Mind I was met with sniggers about me referring to the Flying Banana until they read the description board, but it was in a PROPER LIVERY lol.

You can never have to many Warships!

Mr Sprue

Quote from: emjaybee on February 21, 2020, 08:47:32 PM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on February 21, 2020, 05:30:07 PM

THAT I would like to see.

:D

Me too!  :)

stevewalker

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2020, 12:06:20 PM
I thought you all might like to see my newest model from Mercig Studios.  I think he did a great job. :thumbsup:

I did think about converting it to 3rd rail pickup, but decided against it for now.

Not a completely mad idea - http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/LOCOLOCO/swisselec/swisselc.htm

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:
Nice one Chris (Tank), different but looking really smart   :thumbsup:
     regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Mr Sprue

There you go converted and ready to run on overhead or 3rd rail. She now complies to ULEZ which will have the Mayor of London's approval.

Dickydcc

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations