Oxford Diecast - Commercial Vehicles

Started by port perran, May 18, 2011, 09:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

Quote from: Dr Al on May 25, 2011, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: H on May 20, 2011, 03:21:00 PMErr, is this an advertising forum, given that you produce and sell N'spirations....?

You don't appear to have made similar snide comments about posts by Bob from NTrain or Captainelectra from ERG.................................

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=786.0

H/

Dr Al

Snide? err I thought it was a modelling forum, not one that would have implicit advertising, which is why I'd like clarification, preferably from a moderator thanks....
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Tank

Keep calm chaps!  ;)

At the moment I don't mind people advertising their N Gauge business on here, just as long as it's not OTT with it being mentioned in loads of different threads.  Having their own thread is fine.  Also mentioning their products if it relates to a post is fine with me to.

Lawrence

Quote from: Dr Al on May 25, 2011, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: H on May 20, 2011, 03:21:00 PM
Quote from: D306Whistler on May 20, 2011, 02:54:58 PM
I would like to see a couple of Scania CP31 Fire Engines come out in N gauge to go with my large Fire Station

Hmm, you obviously don't read N'spirations otherwise you'd know that this Scania N gauge fire engine is already available (although I don't know if it's a CP31);

Err, is this an advertising forum, given that you produce and sell N'spirations....?

Ah but is it any good? I've never read it  :o  :smiley-laughing:  no seriously, never heard of it, would I be right in thinking it is a British railway mag, that would explain it  ???

Dr Al - just to add to what Tank said, you will notice a variety of adverts on the site, this is to help fund the running of what has become a very informative and friendly forum, so you will notice adverts near the head of the page and down the side.  Until someone writes Tank a very large cheque that is the way it is for now.

You will also notice there is a section where you can advertise your own railway related bits for sale.

Mustermark

Hi Dr Al,

I would like to say that I received a similar response to one of my posts suggesting that I should have read N'spirations and I would have known the answer to my question.  Subtle hint?  Not really... ::) but I got hold of a copy and very much enjoyed it.  I then got back copies of all the issues so far.  The pics and tips are very useful and well worth the small cost.  Some of the editorials can be a little intimidating in the expectations of N gauge modellers :-\ , but it contains some good stuff and excellent photos. :camera: :thumbsup:  If the mag helps people improve and get inspired than it's probably worth the odd 'advert' to let people know it's there.

I think if the Forum gets over-run by adverts then people will get put off reading it, OTT as Tank put it, but I think there's a bit of leeway where you can view it as letting people know what is available.  I certainly appreciate Bob and Adam letting us know what they are up to.  I think this kind of thing outside the mainstream enriches the hobby generally.

Hope this is helpful in letting you know that I found N'spirations to be a nice resource and that a (unsubtle) hint to those who don't know it exists can be helpful to some.

Apologies to the mods if this is too far off topic. :-[

Back on topic...

I have some Oxford dye cast cars, taxis and buses and they are very good quality. :thumbsup:  They make all my Wiking stuff look bad though even though I have done my best to paint them nicely :thumbsdown: .  It bugs me when good new stuff comes out and you want to replace everything! >:(  The Tomytec buses and commercial vehicles I have really are that much better again, and cheaper, but you have to Anglicise them for a UK layout.  (Probably shouldn't mention that I read an article in N'sprations about Anglicizing buses and then ordered a bunch of them from Ntrain on eBay!?  :-X :smiley-laughing: ).

Mark.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

NTrain

Quote from: Mustermark on May 26, 2011, 02:00:15 AM
(Probably shouldn't mention that I read an article in N'sprations about Anglicizing buses and then ordered a bunch of them from Ntrain on eBay!?  :-X :smiley-laughing: ).

Mark.

I appreciate the mention............. ;D

Lawrence

Okay, okay, enough already! sheesh  ::)

:smiley-laughing:

moogle

Yes, pipe down chaps! We want to keep this a friendly forum.   :NGaugeForum:
Keep all the cat fights and backstabbing for those forums that regularly have them already!
(We all know the ones!  :smiley-laughing:)

After all, if we keep being naughty Tank will ban us from playing in the train room...  :(
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

D306Whistler

Well guys,

If you remember the Dennis RS from the London's Burning program, ODC are doing a 1:76 scale model of one in their range this year. So hopefully this could mean that an N scale variant could follow soon ;). As I have a fairly large Fire Station with four lanes, I think I will need about six Fire Engines.
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Dr Al

Quote from: Mustermark on May 26, 2011, 02:00:15 AM
Hope this is helpful in letting you know that I found N'spirations to be a nice resource and that a (unsubtle) hint to those who don't know it exists can be helpful to some.

I don't mind advertising (to a moderate level, though actually we have to put up with enough in life as it is), so long as it's clear, rather than implicit - had I not already been aware that the producer of this item was the one posting then it wouldn't have been clear.....

...which personally I find rather misleading. After all there's a For-sale section.... ;)

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Lawrence

CNW400

Quote from: alex crawford on May 18, 2011, 10:48:46 PM
Hi,

I was in touch with Oxford about the same thing a few months ago. They said they will be producing early commercial vehicles but they wouldn't be out until next year. As you say great little models at a very reasonable price. Most of my vehicles are from Oxford. They are also very easy to convert and detail.

Anglia with a scratchbuilt engine.

Morris pick up converted from a Morris van.

And a bruger van from one of their caravans.

Alex

Hello Alex,

I love that Ford Anglia and the Canteen caravan!  I could use both of those on my layout- I've never heard of Oxford Diecast here in the States- I think I will have to go for a stroll on Google and e-bay.UK.   :D

All the best,

Sean C.
CNW400

NTrain

Just spotted the following anouncement:

NBED002 Birmingham Bedford Lomas Ambulance 1:148
NBED004 St John Ambulance Bedford Lomas Ambulance 1:148
NFG002 Foden FG Round Tanker Milk Marketing Board 1:148
NFT005 Ford Transit Network Rail 1:148
NFT006 White Transit LWB High 1:148
NPB002 British Rail Commer PB Van 1:148
NSET02 Five Piece Bus Set 1:148
NSCA002 Scania Highline Fridge Eddie Stobart 1:148
NTCAB002 Scania T Cab Curtainside Ian Hayes 1:148
NMH017 Scammell Mechanical Horse Flatbed RASC 1:148
NRAB010 Scammell Scarab Van Trailer Royal Navy 1:148
NRAB011 Scammell Scarab Flatbed Trailer RAF 1:148
NBL004 W Alexander Bristol Lodekka 1:148
NUT003 Belfast Guy Arab Utility Midland Red 1:148

H

Quote from: NTrain on October 04, 2013, 11:06:03 PM
Just spotted the following anouncement:

NBED002 Birmingham Bedford Lomas Ambulance 1:148
NBED004 St John Ambulance Bedford Lomas Ambulance 1:148
NFG002 Foden FG Round Tanker Milk Marketing Board 1:148
NFT005 Ford Transit Network Rail 1:148
NFT006 White Transit LWB High 1:148
NPB002 British Rail Commer PB Van 1:148
NSET02 Five Piece Bus Set 1:148
NSCA002 Scania Highline Fridge Eddie Stobart 1:148
NTCAB002 Scania T Cab Curtainside Ian Hayes 1:148
NMH017 Scammell Mechanical Horse Flatbed RASC 1:148
NRAB010 Scammell Scarab Van Trailer Royal Navy 1:148
NRAB011 Scammell Scarab Flatbed Trailer RAF 1:148
NBL004 W Alexander Bristol Lodekka 1:148
NUT003 Belfast Guy Arab Utility Midland Red 1:148

Ooh, looks interesting. The transits should be handy especially as I now understand that Parkers are sold out of theirs (which were very good).

H.

Richard G Dallimore

Parkers are being restocked as I have a large order waiting. He advised I will get my stock in 2 weeks.
Regards
Richard
Formerly NtasticShop
Now N'Tastic Scale Models & Copper Mine Miniatures
https://www.coppermineminiatures.co.uk/n-tastic-scale-models
https://www.facebook.com/NTasticScaleModels

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP