Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Not a purchase in the general sense but another weathering commission for Stu @mk1gtstu aka The Weatherman :) Unlike my coal wagons I didn't want these to be filthy, just made individual rather than a block train of the pristine wagons they were. The usual stunning job arrived back with me today. A reminder of what they look like as new.....

I can't really better Stu's pics so he's allowed me to use some of his. Note the brake handles and the buffers)............

Hailstone

My 8F arrived this morning, and after a period of running in was put to work on a coal train

With a very happy Hailstone watching :claphappy:

Regards,

Alex

port perran

The 8F looks right at home at the head of those coal wagons Alex.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Les1952

Not a new purchase in terms of the loco, but the DCC fitting is a "latest GB purchase"

The Crab was bought new by me ages ago for use on the Club layout "Rise Park".  My son upgraded the loco with new handrails and other details, and I swapped the oversized Farish tender for a GEM kitbuilt one I had in the spares box after the 4F it originally ran with died.

"Rise Park" is now sold and I no longer have anything analogue to run it on.  However the loco has a bit of history so it has now been off to Lee at LP Rails in Leicester for DCC fitting.  So the "latest purchase" is the chip inside the cab roof.

Posed while running-in on Bregenbach it will join the stock for "Croft Spa" as an occasional visitor on a through goods train from somewhere South of York.

It coped quite well running light engine on the 1 in 25 gradients and 8.2" radius curves of this Black Forest layout, though better tender-first.  As an aside the Hollentalbahn in the Black Forest is 1 in 17.

Les

emjaybee

It's 'sort' of a new purchase. I bought a Duchess of Hamilton from @dannyboy of this forum some months back and had it sent directly to @Ozymandias of this parish. It was BR green originally, but, c'mon, who wants a Duchess in BR green!

Ozy never fails to impress. It's the first time he's done a Duchess in LMS lined black. It's awesome. Thanks Ozy!

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Nice job on the Duchess, and also on NPN's wagons. We have two very talented members when it comes to this sort of thing.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

I have to admit that the Duchess does look quite resplendent in the almost understated lined black colours. A nice job Ozy.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Ozymandias

Quote from: emjaybee on February 02, 2021, 11:06:27 PM
It's 'sort' of a new purchase. I bought a Duchess of Hamilton from @dannyboy of this forum some months back and had it sent directly to @Ozymandias of this parish. It was BR green originally, but, c'mon, who wants a Duchess in BR green!

Ozy never fails to impress. It's the first time he's done a Duchess in LMS lined black. It's awesome. Thanks Ozy!

Delighted you're pleased! :)
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

RailGooner

Gaugemaster Collection (Dapol) GM2210302 Class 43 HST Diesel 43002+43185 in GWR Final Days Celebrity Liveries.

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

Thought I'd missed this one, so really chuffed to receive this as a birthday gift from the family.

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Another commission returned today from @mk1gtstu
When I'd got round to deciding I wanted some Dapol Fruit D wagons the only ones available carried the GWR roundel, not really suitable for a 1955-1965 layout.

However, a visit to Stu and the roundels had gone + they'd been weathered........

I'd also collected 10 Dapol blue spot fish vans each with different running numbers and was really in 2 minds about them as I did the like the immaculate whiteness.

However, we all know there's no such thing as a clean wagon, don't we? So I asked Stu for a mix of light and medium weathering, resulting in..............

And here are all the wagons to show the variety of weathering on the fish vans..........

A huge 'Thank you' again to Stu and for his pics. I've not used all the pics as he'll no doubt be showing more on his 'OMWB' thread

crewearpley40

Lovely to see the headcodes installed @Bob Tidbury and you posting. Stunning when we can safely legally visit a few mk 1s or the China clay rake

Newportnobby

Very nice, Bob. I was tempted myself but discovered Duke was maroon until Dec 1966 when the chromatic blue was applied and that's just too late for my era.

Bob Tidbury

Ihad a job fitting the headcodes they are waterslide transfers and are printed a bit too big so you have to trim them on all sides to keep them a central as you can ,I got a bit stressed doing them and used a few unrepeatable words .
I allso fitted the etched name and number plates butthey were not to bad as you just cover the printed ones ,Why Dapol dont fit them I dont know it would bebeasy for them as they could have a template .
Idid respray one into Chromatic Blue my self but I gave it to a mate and I cant remember what the paint mix was ,I did the Dessert sand one and the Golden Ochre one myself allso the Golden Ochre and Chromatic Blue 31s .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations