Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexk and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

daffy

Quote from: paulprice on January 23, 2017, 01:00:26 PM
Quote from: Bealman on January 23, 2017, 11:23:43 AM
Sounds like an excellent purchase. Don't be such a wimp. Put your foot down. Tell the boss you will build a pergola in the garden in time for summer.  8)

The problem with that is that we don't have a garden, though the Domestic Overlord has ben looking at new house's

OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Not a problem, more an opportunity then. :thumbsup:

New house checklist of essential features:
Bedrooms? Check.
Living room? Check.
Garage? Check.
Railway layout room, extra large? Check.
Sorted!

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

paulprice

Quote from: daffy on January 23, 2017, 01:12:35 PM
Sounds like an excellent purchase. Don't be such a wimp. Put your foot down. Tell the boss you will build a pergola in the garden in time for summer.  8)

The problem with that is that we don't have a garden, though the Domestic Overlord has ben looking at new house's

Bedrooms? Check.
Living room? Check.
Garage? Check.
Sorted!

But it means I will have to spend TONS of MONEY, oh :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: I feel feint

Big bad John

You should'nt worry about money. All I do is spend it on N gauge booze and motorbike and any money left I just waste it!  :D

Jimbo

Quote from: paulprice on January 23, 2017, 01:40:42 PM

Bedrooms? Check.
Living room? Check.
Garage? Check.
Sorted!

But it means I will have to spend TONS of MONEY, oh :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: I feel feint

My Mrs has been looking at houses for months (Fed up with bungalow) nothing suitable found yet  :headbutt:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

paulprice

Quote from: Jimbo on January 23, 2017, 01:55:39 PM
Quote from: paulprice on January 23, 2017, 01:40:42 PM

We should start a new thread on the perils of looking at houses, I think I may set up a website called WRONG MOVE.......

We have looked at some modern houses and what they describe as bedrooms are tiny. I'm only 6'7" tall, and at one place when I tried to prove that one bedroom was little bigger than a cupboard by lying down on the floor and having my fleet outside the rom into the landing, was told by the estate agent that if I wanted to sleep in the room it would be easier if I bent my legs.  :doh:

Bedrooms? Check.
Living room? Check.
Garage? Check.
Sorted!

My Mrs has been looking at houses for months (Fed up with bungalow) nothing suitable found yet  :headbutt:

daffy

Paul, I trust that agent now has a black eye, or at least a black mark on his bosses records. Cheeky git. >:(

Jimbo, I moved to a bungalow three years ago and I love it! It's got plenty of space as it's pretty big for a three bedroom, and a fair sized garden. I'm glad I won't ever have to install a stair lift one day, or worry about either of us falling down stairs, though I suspect we will eventually find a way to injure ourselves when we're 110.

Definitely not a 'wrong move' for us, but a housing related thread sounds a good idea @paulprice .
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Steamie+

New Rolling Stock i got yesterday cheap i thought.

Sorry for the shadow on the photo's, for some reason i get this when doing close up's on my Nikon P610.

All told they cost me £35 including p&p. Don't know where i will place the Breakdown train, maybe by the roundhouse.

Oh got this has well for rejoining the Bachmann Club

Nice i think, with a bit of weathering it will go on the coal rake.      :thumbsup:

Steamie+

Quote from: Invicta Alec on January 18, 2017, 07:53:52 PM
Ok chaps here it is in the flesh - my very first ever N gauge model. Arrived a day or two ago.

One very beautiful Class 411 4 CEP EMU.  :heart2: I got just a basic oval of track to watch her go round and round. I can confirm it doesn't much like Peco first radius curves. My first layout is at the planning stage, but I'm off to a model railway exhibition this Sunday in Canterbury, hopefully to pick up some tips.

Alec.

Very nice Alec, bit too modern for me, but enjoy your train and can you put a photo up of your layout, then maybe the very knowledgeable members on here can help you with your build. Happy Modelling.   :thumbsup:

Steamie+

Quote from: bluedepot on January 19, 2017, 09:39:20 PM
here is my latest loco and rolling stock...

They are brilliant, where can i get one from please.      :thumbsup:

bluedepot

hi steamie,

they are very tiny static models made by Busch and come with some pretend track you can put it on. it's not that detailed but as it's so small it hardly matters.

It is Nf gauge, supposed to be 2ft gauge or 850mm? or whatever that equates to...

I am starting an industrial narrow gauge preservation society on my layout! more interesting than just warehouses and factories like I had planned!

anyway I got it from meine kleine eisenbahn online shop in Germany - it is Busch set 8070.

Busch say they will make more 1:160 scale narrow gauge items in 2018 as well, so you can add another train then hopefully or at least some other wagons or something!

Tim

daffy

I saw this a week or two ago and nearly bought one.

I don't see one on the Kleine Eisenbahn eBay Page but there's one here he I originally saw it:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/Busch/44-2-0-259121-025001-0-0-0-0-2-0-grp-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html

Rough translation by Google translate of the item detail is:

QuoteDescription:

Field train set

Content: Locomotive »Gmeinder 15/18« (length: 19 mm) and 4 tilting lorries (without function, length: 15 mm).
18 straight tracks, 16 curved tracks, 6 compensating bends, 3 turnouts left and 3 turnouts right.
Locomotives and wagons are models without drive and couplings. With the enclosed tracks (not pluggable), the most varied track images can be designed with side and escape tracks.
Track for lane N
The well-known fieldbus of Busch is now also available as stand models 1: 160 (gauge 3.8 mm) and is very well suited for the design of model railways and dioramas in gauge N.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Mito

Quote from: Steamie+ on January 26, 2017, 08:03:51 AM
New Rolling Stock i got yesterday cheap i thought.

Sorry for the shadow on the photo's, for some reason i get this when doing close up's on my Nikon P610.

You have used flash for these photos. The shadow is the lens on the camera and always occurs when taking close ups because the flash is mounted so close to the lens. One way to overcome it is to step back and use the telephoto facility. Don't use the flash, use a bright light to one side. You will have to play around a bit to get the best results. Hope this helps.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

mickster04

or use the flash and put some paper in front of it as a diffuser.

In other news, here are some more PGAs that I managed to take from Ebay, gonna need to remove those loads though..

Steamie+

Quote from: daffy on January 26, 2017, 05:31:20 PM
I saw this a week or two ago and nearly bought one.

I don't see one on the Kleine Eisenbahn eBay Page but there's one here he I originally saw it:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/Busch/44-2-0-259121-025001-0-0-0-0-2-0-grp-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html

Rough translation by Google translate of the item detail is:

QuoteDescription:

Field train set

Content: Locomotive »Gmeinder 15/18« (length: 19 mm) and 4 tilting lorries (without function, length: 15 mm).
18 straight tracks, 16 curved tracks, 6 compensating bends, 3 turnouts left and 3 turnouts right.
Locomotives and wagons are models without drive and couplings. With the enclosed tracks (not pluggable), the most varied track images can be designed with side and escape tracks.
Track for lane N
The well-known fieldbus of Busch is now also available as stand models 1: 160 (gauge 3.8 mm) and is very well suited for the design of model railways and dioramas in gauge N.

Thank you daffy, for just under £29 it would look good on my Coal Mine.      :thumbsup:

railsquid

Dapol Class 33 in green, this one is a beautiful runner (so far touch wood). Replacement for the original BR Blue one is also on its way.

class-33-D6539-green by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations