Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

:hellosign:
The "double" arrived in Narnia....and immediately dcc fitted
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Les1952

I found these on a stall at Nottingham Toyfair. 

one of these-

two of these

two of these

and one of these

This last one is by Ultima, and I don't recognise the type, but it has planked sides apparently..  Perhaps someone can help out.  It needs replacement bogies as the originals are the bent-over brass etches that fail after some time, and it has pizza cutter nylon wheelsets.

The rest are quite elderly Thompsons by, I think, Westwater and Kirk.  I had one in blood-and-custard livery in the mid seventies (bought 1974 or thereabouts from Nu-Sto Models in Hartlepool.  Mr Stott, the owner, later developed Nu-Cast kits, and his son was a pupil of mine at Brinkburn School in Hartlepool.    I'm not sure about keeping the brakes- they may be given new brass sides if suitable (or maybe not) to make different Thompson varieties that aren't likely to appear r-t-r.  the other three will be lined and lettered and join the growing Hawthorn dene stock, but will most likely be kept back for use on Croft Spa when it makes its appearance in a couple of years time...

Lastly, not n-gauge, but an example of the vapourware from Dave Jones, the sales of which will finance tooling of the classes 17, 23 and WD saddletank in N.  Photographed on my OO-gauge shunting plank "No Place".

No apologies for posting an orribly oversized loco...
Les

lil chris

My latest purchase. I am well pleased with itm it runs good. I have fitted a CT DCX77z chip which leaves room for crew in the cab and gives superb slow running.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Webbo

Here is my latest rolling stock addition which is a CMX track cleaning car supplied by DCConcepts. This little baby is machined from brass and weighs in at a hefty 1/2 lb. My track cleaning train now comprises a Kato SD40-2 locomotive that is capable of running over dirt and pulling down trees, followed by the CMX and then the Atlas cleaning car which is really a Tomix in disguise. The nice thing about the CMX is the size of its cleaning reservoir and its cleaning pad arrangement that applies a nice pressure to the track. Judging by the filth it has picked up so far, it is working very well. The Atlas (Tomix) is a decent unit too with a rotating cleaning pad and a vacuuming capability. The Atlas reservoir is too small for my liking as it doesn't make a circuit of my track without requiring refilling. The more track cleaning units the better in my view.

Webbo

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

They ain't cheap and will cost you as much as a Farish Pacific, but clean track is the Holy Grail in my opinion.

Webbo

DJM Dave

I'll take your clean track and raise you a decent controller too.
But i must admit it's a heck of a beast at doing the job it was designed for. I have one and it's a sound investment.

It never ceases to amaze me the modellers who don't invest in decent equipment and expect their trains to run properly.
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Yet_Another

Having located and retrieved my parcel (see the angry thread), I've got my hands on these lovelies:

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Shropshire Lad

My new (and only) N Gauge model. A factory fitted sound Class 108 :-)

Chris Morris

Quote from: Shropshire Lad on September 06, 2016, 01:17:54 PM

My new (and only) N Gauge model. A factory fitted sound Class 108 :-)
Welcome. You know it's cruel to only have one - they get lonely.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Shropshire Lad

I know Chris!
As it's at least partly your fault I bought it, I thought I might bring it over to play with your Westerns :-)

Chris Morris

Quote from: Shropshire Lad on September 06, 2016, 03:45:22 PM
I know Chris!
As it's at least partly your fault I bought it, I thought I might bring it over to play with your Westerns :-)

Yep anytime. I'm analogue but some of the sounds will work.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

ohlavache

Hello.
For my birthday, I got this nice steam tramway.  :heart2:

The Terrier is wonderful! And the Maunsell coach is also great.

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on July 26, 2016, 03:21:54 PM
Ex-GWR railcar W20W on a secondment to Birmingham Knotmore Street.

gwr-railcar-w20w by Rail Squid, on Flickr
Irrelevant trivia... I have been long aware of these railcars, but always imagined they were used on remote obscure GWR branchlines. Not only does it seem they were used a lot in the West Midlands, but apparently "Droitwich saw more railcar workings than any other stations, with 20 calling daily" ("A Century of Railways around Birmingham and the West Midlands", p74). Guess where this Squid lived for a few years...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations