Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Quote from: mk1gtstu on November 05, 2015, 09:31:34 PM
Bought another steam loco to join the steam specials fleet, a green standard 5MT this time, which will be nice alongside my BR black livery steamers & the Maroon Duchess steamer  :D

It's secondhand but I think it's been test run only, boxed & with all the bits, I've run it in & it runs superb & pulls well :claphappy:

It will just need a bit of detailing in the cab, loco crew, lamps, & real coal added to the tender when I get around to it. Brings my steam fleet total up to 7.

Cheers, Stu.  :)

Got to say that is a very nice looking locomotive and is the sort of thing I would like a "Rail tour" on my layout. Am I correct in thinking several 5MTs are preserved?

Skyline2uk

gc4946

There are several preserved 5MTs:

73050 City of Peterborough - Nene Valley Railway (name applied in preservation, lined black, early crest, has a different tender to Farish versions offered so far)
73082 Camelot - Bluebell (already produced by Farish - ref.: 372-727). Returned to service recently.
73096 - Mid-Hants (in lined green, but has a different tender to the Farish versions offered so far)
73129 - Midland Railway Centre (lined black, early crest, has Caprotti valve gear, not modelled by Farish). Restored.
73156 - Great Central (can be renumbered from Farish's version, no. 73158, ref.: 372-726). Being restored.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

dutchkev

Delay xmas 2014 pressie to self.

Exhibit 1:

Exhibit 2:

Just need something reasonably typical for the middle to make a "train" (Rule 1 pending)

All I need now is a better camera on my 2015 xmas list.
Kev.

railsquid

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 07, 2015, 07:03:25 PM
Bought another steam loco to join the steam specials fleet, a green standard 5MT this time, which will be nice alongside my BR black livery steamers & the Maroon Duchess steamer  :D

It's secondhand but I think it's been test run only, boxed & with all the bits, I've run it in & it runs superb & pulls well :claphappy:

It will just need a bit of detailing in the cab, loco crew, lamps, & real coal added to the tender when I get around to it. Brings my steam fleet total up to 7.

Got to say that is a very nice looking locomotive and is the sort of thing I would like a "Rail tour" on my layout.
I have one too, not much of a kettle person but it resembles closely one of my childhood locos, a Mainline 4MT. Very nice little steamy thing, though I'm terrified of damaging it so it mainly lives in its box.

Skyline2uk

Sqiddy, I am much the same with some of my stock, so I am doing some cassettes for hands-free stock changes.

Quite low costs, have a look at my layout thread for more details  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

mk1gtstu

Quote from: railsquid on November 09, 2015, 02:15:53 PM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 07, 2015, 07:03:25 PM

Got to say that is a very nice looking locomotive and is the sort of thing I would like a "Rail tour" on my layout.
I have one too, not much of a kettle person but it resembles closely one of my childhood locos, a Mainline 4MT. Very nice little steamy thing, though I'm terrified of damaging it so it mainly lives in its box.

Yes I'm mainly into Blue Diesels but thought a few steamers would be nice to run specials  :D Yes I do find they are much more delicate than the diesels and you have to be careful when picking them up (especially locos with tenders) with all the valve gear & handrails but they do look nice 8)

cheers, Stu
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

railsquid

Talking of blue diesels, finally got my hands on a Minitrix 47:

Good excuse for a festival of duff.

Cazadoom

92038 Freshly arrived this morning From the CJM Works  joining 92009 & 92014

[smg id=31725 type=preview align=center caption="CJM Caledonian Sleeper Class 92"]

Skyline2uk

gc4946

I won a pair of Arnold weathered bogie vans on a certain auction site to accompany my pristine Cargowaggon example
(Club 2000 Spur N, ref.: 70552)

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Les1952

This might be the wrong place to show this as I've had it a little while now.

However I was testing this one this morning and discovered it had popped its drive shaft.  Body off and the thick end of an hour to fiddle it back

If anyone tries to tell me that Dapol driveshafts are difficult to fit I may not be very polite.....   The problem here is that there is enough play in the bogie to pop the drive shaft just by lifting the railcar off the track, but the angles of the two ends need to be precisely correct to persuade it back.  To add to this the two ends are almost impossible to see at the same time - AND slack enough (unlike Dapol) for the one you have got home to fall out while trying to align the other end....

It looks good and when running runs well.

Les

railsquid

Quote from: Les1952 on November 12, 2015, 02:44:51 PM

What make is it?

There's a thread for Continental purchases btw: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19028.420

johnlambert

Bit of a green thing going on here.

Graham Farish BR Mk1 RMB for my cross country trains.  Thanks to Chris in Prague for finding it on Ebay.

Also Farish BR Mk1 SK

Graham Farish GWR streamlined railcar in BR green; a recent version with 6-digit part number, newer chassis and better decorating.

The only thin that lets it down is that the running number is W27W, which means the roof should be all grey.  W28W was a BR green railcar with white cab roofs, so I will need to renumber this railcar at some point (thanks again to Chris in Prague for this information).

Les1952

Quote from: railsquid on November 13, 2015, 10:27:47 AM
Quote from: Les1952 on November 12, 2015, 02:44:51 PM

What make is it?

There's a thread for Continental purchases btw: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19028.420

Technically it is Hornby (says so on the box).  An Arnold railcar with the mechanism the 5-BEL was developed from.

Les

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations