Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les1952

Quote from: Dr Al on October 10, 2015, 02:31:06 PM
Quote from: Les1952 on October 08, 2015, 01:38:58 AM
Meanwhile NQP2 is running quite satisfactorily with part of its valve gear missing,

Can you not fit valve gear from the A4 to this - all the same components?

Cheers,
Alan

Both same side of loco, or I might attempt it...

Les

7P5F

Quote from: gc4946 on October 10, 2015, 08:02:45 PM
Today I attended the Sheffield model rail show and came back with these goodies:

Farish (UK) rebuilt Battle of Britain 34089 602 Squadron (used) and their new version Mk1 CK in green with 1st class yellow branding.

34089 lasted until the end of Southern Region steam in July 1967.

These are not bad models of the rebuilt pacific although they do need a bit of detailing to liven them up.An Nbrass front bogie,vac pipes,coupling hook & screw coupling take the plainess off the front buffer beam,perhaps SR lamps or route discs.I`m still toying with making an injector assy.for under the cab out of copper wire soldered together &,oh yes,some front loco steps made from brass signal ladder if your curves will allow them.

Ray.

Newportnobby

Quote from: johnlambert on October 11, 2015, 10:24:46 PM
When I saw this Peco Collett 0-6-0 in my local shop for £75 it seemed too good to miss.

TBH if it runs well I think you did well there, John :thumbsup:
Mine is noisy going forwards but quieter in reverse and it cost me £112 when they first came out.

johnlambert

Quote from: newportnobby on October 12, 2015, 03:26:05 PM
Quote from: johnlambert on October 11, 2015, 10:24:46 PM
When I saw this Peco Collett 0-6-0 in my local shop for £75 it seemed too good to miss.

TBH if it runs well I think you did well there, John :thumbsup:
Mine is noisy going forwards but quieter in reverse and it cost me £112 when they first came out.

Thanks.

From memory I paid £130 for my second hand BR Black example, although that was practically as new.  For quite a long time I think it was the single most expensive N gauge loco I owned. 

johnlambert

A fresh addition to my BR Blue parcels fleet, a Dapol SR CCT.

Tdm

Just arrived back home in Tenerife & unpacked my only only model railway purchase - a green liveried Union Milss B12, with behind it my existing black one for which I was awaiting a new "keep" plate for the tender which Colin also sent me. Only tested the new purchase on a short piece of track so far, not re-visited my layout as of yet.

paulprice

Quote from: Tdm on October 13, 2015, 09:18:16 AM
Just arrived back home in Tenerife & unpacked my only only model railway purchase - a green liveried Union Milss B12, with behind it my existing black one for which I was awaiting a new "keep" plate for the tender which Colin also sent me. Only tested the new purchase on a short piece of track so far, not re-visited my layout as of yet.

They are very handsome machines, OMG should an LMS fan be saying that?.....Nurse Nurse

d-a-n

Went to Arcadia in Shaw to have a nose about and found a late crest Dapol Terrier, enough Bulleids to make a BSO, SO, CK, BSO set, a few grey open wagons and some easi shunts. A few minutes of running in and the Terrier wasn't right and it eventually stuttered to a halt. I took it back and part ex'd it against this:

[smg id=30407]

Runs like a dream, in fact one of the best steamers I have and looks even more right pulling 4 Bulleid carriages than the Merchant Navy I have.

JasonBz

Currently somewhere in the postal system is a genuine bargain from E bay  :o

A three pack of Farish Blue Circle Cement Presflows for under £30

Ill take a pic on arrival to celebrate!

railsquid

Hmm, a slightly overscale pseudo-LNER coach (at least that's what it looks like to me) in a fantasy livery...

Yup, finally passenger stock for the Eitetsumura - Sodor all-stations stopping service. A bargain at less than 3 quid, albeit without original box.

Skyline2uk

That is a bargain squiddy.....

Looks like James coach to me....  :hmmm:

Skyline2uk

railsquid

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 15, 2015, 06:39:44 PM
That is a bargain squiddy.....

Looks like James coach to me....  :hmmm:

Skyline2uk

No, Henry. I only have James though... Hope the rivet counters don't get me... I don't think the shop knew what they had there and probably thought it was some cheap'n'grotty overseas coach  :D

Skyline2uk

Well the thought occurred, "Thomas" theme stuff is not normally cheap.

It's a coach anyway, so mini people on the squid rail don't need to be cold anymore  :D

Skyline2uk 

paulprice

Well I just got a bargain farish Jubilee for £45 quid working.....huzzah  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

All I need to do now it repaint it into a decent LMS livery (ideas please) and hope the Domestic Overlord does not read this post  :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes:

Railwaygun

and the Penguin said....

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23